Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Azul Brazil - Flight no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Azul Brazil - Flight no longer available?

Hi all, excuse the long message I am just a bit confused and would like some advice.

I purchased a multi city flights for an upcoming trip to Brazil on Azul.
Ticket was purchased through Expedia (I know generally booking through third party sites is not ideal, but in this case the exact same flights on the airline's site were more than 2x the price that Expedia was offering.

I received a confirmation email both from Azul and from expedia with my PNR code; credit card has been charged and flights confirmed by Azul (phone call asking them as I am a bit paranoid).

After this I checked on Azul's website and all the booked flights were available. So far, so good.

As the ticket was purchased through Expedia, the Azul rep said that I am not able to access the 'My reservations' on Azul's website, so I decided I would just periodically check to see whether these flights were okay.

About a week ago I went thru Azul's website to look at flights and I was concerned to see that one of the flights that I booked is no longer available for purchase. I checked on Expedia and this flight was available for purchase. I thought this was curious, but didn't do anything about it. Yesterday I check on Expedia and that flight has disappeared and is not able to be purchased.

The flight in question in AD2500 from SDU - FLN on Jan 23 2016.

Azul, as per their website, does not offer flights (neither direct nor connecting flights) on Saturdays (23/01/2016 is a Saturday) from SDU-FLN. If I check on Expedia to see whether there are any flights, Expedia shows that Azul offers connecting flights.

My question is what does this mean for my reservation?
Has the flight has been cancelled or rescheduled? If so, why haven't I received notice from either Azul or Expedia. (Azul did send me confirmation of my purchase so I assume they have my contact details).

I tried to phone Azul to enquire generally about the availability of the AD2500 flight from SDU-FLN on this day and they said that "this flight is not showing up on our system". I didn't give them my confirmation code as I am a little bit worried of confusing matters.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me, and what I should do I would be very grateful. Have a great day
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Yeah, I wasn't able to find this flight either. If they cancelled this flight, they'll probably change you from SDU to GIG, the international airport in Rio. If I were you, I would call them again and explain the situation because the normal thing to happen in this case is the company call all the travelers affected to change their flight date/number.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for reply. Just been in contact with the airline and the flight was cancelled. Have been rebooked on another flight leaving at a very similar time, however, there is now a short connection involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.