Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

[Aeromexico] 787 deploys emergency slide - smashes jetty -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Aeromexico] 787 deploys emergency slide - smashes jetty -

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
So was this a BA plane at LHR? (The hat on cabin crew in one photo seemed a bit larger than normal BA attire...)
One of the replies to the tweet stated that this was a BA 787 at LHR - not sure if that was fact or guesswork.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
It is NOT LHR… No ground staff at LHR wear Orange hi-vis vests, as the guy standing to the very very right of the first picture is. Also, non of the jetties at LHR look like that, with a solid door and a window at the top, or the extending hand rail at the jetty extension section.

The ONLY thing which has any evidence of BA is the vest on the, who I presume is a TRM…
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
It is NOT LHR… No ground staff at LHR wear Orange hi-vis vests, as the guy standing to the very very right of the first picture is. Also, non of the jetties at LHR look like that, with a solid door and a window at the top, or the extending hand rail at the jetty extension section.

The ONLY thing which has any evidence of BA is the vest on the, who I presume is a TRM…
Thank you for clearing up what was a basic runaway thread about LHR and BA. A little truth does a lot of good.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And… Now, having opened the images and magnified them all… I am going to put my neck on the line and say that is NOT a BA aircraft…

The uniform of the cabin crew member is not BA. The hat is the wrong shape, the name badge is not correct, as in it is just one name badge with no wings above it, and I don't believe, from recollection, the signage on the side of the door bustle is in the same place as a BA aircraft… We don't have any signage/writing on the side of the door bustle, all ours is on the top and front.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
It looks like it could be T3 or T4. It does not look like a T5 jetty.

Maybe an airline that we handle at LHR or one that uses our engineering services.

It is not unusual for airlines to have contracts with other airlines for engineering assistance and I expect we ofer this to a number of airlines.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
And… Now, having opened the images and magnified them all… I am going to put my neck on the line and say that is NOT a BA aircraft…

The uniform of the cabin crew member is not BA. The hat is the wrong shape, the name badge is not correct, as in it is just one name badge with no wings above it, and I don't believe, from recollection, the signage on the side of the door bustle is in the same place as a BA aircraft… We don't have any signage/writing on the side of the door bustle, all ours is on the top and front.
Sounds like BBB is pitching for a job at New Scoland Yard
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
AeroMexico T4.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
AeroMexico T4.
Thanks for the info CIHY. Surprised it took so long to find out in the age of the twitters. The DM can get a nice easy story out of this one methinks.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Why is anyone with a BA hi vis at T4?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
AeroMexico T4.
My bad… I thought they had changed the jetties at T4 to new models, same as the rest of the airport.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Caleklika
As Littlegirl says:-
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Maybe an airline that we handle at LHR or one that uses our engineering services.

It is not unusual for airlines to have contracts with other airlines for engineering assistance and I expect we ofer this to a number of airlines.

Because BA Engineering provide engineering cover for many many operators at LHR and elsewhere.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It says BA Engineering, we handle AeroMexico.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We sell our ground services to other airlines. So, for example, our engineers may be contracted to provide engineering support to Aero Mexico, which appears to be the case here, so there would be a team based at T4 whilst their aircraft were at LHR etc. Same as we are contracted to other airlines, and we also contract their engineering and ground handling at various airports around the world, sometimes in terminals they do not actually operate them self from.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
I see I see thank you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.