Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas invalidated my ticket(s)... is this for real?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

I recently booked a few flights on Aerolineas and all three show as billed/processed on my credit card.

However, today I received an email from them stating they invalidated my ticket pending more info. Is this some sort of scam to get me to give out my cc? Should I email them back? I don't see how a scammer would know I booked a flight with Aerolineas.

"Dear Passenger,

Due to security reasons your ticket has been temporarily invalidated. This would not affect your reservation, but we need to verify the card and id in order for the ticket to be used.
As soon as we verify the information required, you would not have any problems at the check in or to travel.
In order to regularize the situation, please go to the nearest Ticket Office or sumbit the ID and creditcard used to pay for the ticket at the airport, or send us an e-mail scanning the credit card that was used for the payment (front and back, you have the option to hide the security code and expiration date on the creditcard) and a passport or ID for the same purpose.
You will have the option to validate the payment sending the information by email, only up to 24 hours before the departure of the fligh. After that time, you will need to show the card an ID personally.

Thank you.

Área de Control de Emisiones
Prevención y Control de Operaciones

Aerolíneas Argentinas S.A.
[email protected]"
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
It's hard to imagine that the option of going to the ticket office or showing it in person at check-in would make this a very successful scam.

Pick up the phone and call them.

PS This is why I pay for travel agents, plus the pleasant addition that a travel agent can refund the full fare tickets I buy in a day.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
It's hard to imagine that the option of going to the ticket office or showing it in person at check-in would make this a very successful scam.

Pick up the phone and call them.

PS This is why I pay for travel agents, plus the pleasant addition that a travel agent can refund the full fare tickets I buy in a day.
They do not supply a phone number, only an email. I agree, it appears unlikely it's a scam, but I thought it must happen to others if not. I can't be the only gringo who got invalidated! But a google search came up empty.

In any event, I found a ticket office in Mendoza that I can pop into 3 days before my invalidated flight is to leave. Since the email states I can email them up to 24 hours in advance I figure this should work.

As for travel agents, no thanks. Plus I don't buy full fare... I buy the cheapo economy tix. Not worth paying 4x to me.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Have you bought the ticket from the Argentinian version of the site, lowest base fare? If so, they are checking if you are Argentinian resident and if you aren't, you'll have to pay the price for nonresidents.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Have you bought the ticket from the Argentinian version of the site, lowest base fare? If so, they are checking if you are Argentinian resident and if you aren't, you'll have to pay the price for nonresidents.
Hmmmm. I went here http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/en-us (which I got to after clicking "United States - English") and then bought my ticket which was priced in USD. I assume this is the non-Argentinian version of the site, correct?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Yes, that site should be OK
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

btw, it turned out the email was legit... I went by the ticket office and they wanted to validate my cc and passport. They then said I was good to go.

However, I was unable to check in online for this flight (the system kept telling me I had a special request) and when I arrived at the airport they checked my cc and passport again (so leave some extra time if you get a similar email).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.