Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need info on GOL mileage run

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Need info on GOL mileage run

In a few days I'll be flying REC-FOR-SLZ-BSB-POA. There certainly were faster ways to get to POA, but I'm flying solo on a business trip, that's on a Sunday, and I have yet to fly 4 segments in a day!

Anyway, the first 2 stopovers are really short, 30 and 32 minutes. I thought I should be able to make it because FOR and SLZ are small airports, but once I had bought the tickets I realized I must check one piece of luggage, and this one might not always make it!! But there really are 2 flight numbers: REC-BSB with 2 stopovers, and BSB-POA, so can anyone confirm if I'll have to leave the plane in FOR and SLZ?

Obrigado!
Old May 24, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: E50 MM
For credit to the SMILES program, miles earned is based on fare paid/fare class as opposed to the 1000 per segment like it used to be in the past.

If there are multiple flight numbers, then yes you have to get out of the plane and simply head to the gate (while still in the secure area) for your connecting flight. You don't have to worry about your luggage, it will be put on the next flight automatically as per the baggage tag put on in Recife.

Last edited by Rushfan1; May 25, 2014 at 7:04 am Reason: Added reference to SMILES program
Old May 25, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Well, the main goal was not to obtain as many miles as possible (I'm getting Flying Blue miles, which don't account for status). It was more like a "segment run", I wanted to beat my old record of 3 flights in a day, just for the thrill of it

I arrived at POA a couple of hours ago. I didn't have to leave the plane in FOR or SLZ, so no need to rush and the luggage arrived as expected. I was surprised that during the first leg snacks and drinks were for free, but you had to pay for them on the other two, when it was all under the same flight number. Weird...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.