Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolineas Argentinas & EMB

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
Aerolineas Argentinas & EMB

Will fly in an Embraer (domestic EZE-MDZ). Is there enough place in the overhead bin for the "regular" carryone (22inch). Is Areolineas very strict with carryone (size and weight).
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:20 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I assume you're flying Aerolineas Argentinas... you should add that, since Aerolineas is the Spanish word for Airline, without any specifics.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
Sorry about that! Of course I was asking about Aerolineas Argentinas.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dyno
Will fly in an Embraer (domestic EZE-MDZ). Is there enough place in the overhead bin for the "regular" carryone (22inch). Is Areolineas very strict with carryone (size and weight).
First of all, 22 inch is not "regular" everywhere. 20 inches or less is much safer when traveling worldwide.

Second, I can't remember for sure, because I had to check my rollaboard anyway (because of liquids) on the one Aerolineas Argentinas flight I took (IGR-SLA nonstop). However, as to strict or not: It may depend on which "class" you sit in. It didn't cost much more to buy their front-of-the-cabin class (Comfort Plus or whatever they call it), and it eliminated all change fees and seemed to be more forgiving on bags, so that's what I bought. And btw it was very spacious up there (the first three rows on my Embraer plane). I stowed my carryon under the seat in front of me (the cabin was empty enough that even though I'd stupidly booked the bulkhead row I was able to move one row back and have underseat storage, which was comparable, at least in that section, to any mainline plane), and I can't remember any more what the overhead was like, sorry.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:37 am

22" (55cm) x 14" (35cm) x 10" (25cm) is the maximum permitted carry on size on AR. This is in fact pretty standard across the industry.

However, the maximum weight is only 5kgs in economy, 10kgs in Club Economy.

I recently flew 5 segments domestically within Argentina on AR. Club Economy (Z class) was only 10% more, so I booked Club Economy in the front of the bus. It's well worth it as the checked baggage allowance was only 15kgs for regular economy. (30kgs for Club Economy). The seat is similar to North American First Class.

As a Club Economy passenger, I did not have any problem with both my cabin and checked bags.

Unfortunately, none of my flights was on the EMB. I assume that the configuration will be similar to those in other parts of the world which a 22"x14"x10" cabin bag should fit.

Make sure to call AR to register both your mobile phone and e-mail address on your PNR in case of flight cancellation or delay. They are actually pretty good in sending you alert messages. One of my flight was delayed an hour and I received an e-mail on my mobile phone even before I left for the airport. They also protected me on my connecting flight without me having to ask.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clipper801
22" (55cm) x 14" (35cm) x 10" (25cm) is the maximum permitted carry on size on AR. This is in fact pretty standard across the industry.
That might be a standard dimension, but what I meant is that not all so-called 22" bags are really 22" the way the airline measures it (ie, including all handles, wheels, straps, etc). IME it often takes a bag sold as a 20" bag to be certain to meet stringent 22" sizers manned by staff who won't "give an inch". (Too many bag manufacturers don't count handles, wheels, etc, when naming their bags by a supposed size.)

Also, some sizers seem to have warped over time or else not been made to exact standards, I don't know what the reason is (sloppy inches / cm conversion?), but they can sometimes reject stuff that technically should fit but is right up against the limit.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA,US,AR,Hyatt, Hilton, holidayinn/AR Plus, DiscoPlus& JumboMas
Originally Posted by Dyno

It should fit, but check in agent will make sure to check weight, and likely they will assign a seat in the back, if you want in the front, likely you will have to surrender your bag, unless flying club economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.