Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Business class trip reports?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Aeromexico Business class trip reports?

I searched these forums and there seems to be very few Aeromexico trip reports, especially current ones.

We are considering JFK-MEX-EZE in J

How is business class on AeroMexico?

Anyone know if the 767 from MEX-EZE features the new "pod" seats like the 777 has?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I guess not too much known about Aeromexico business class..
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Perhaps you will do better if we wing this over to the Other North and South America Frequent Flyer Programmes forum.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:59 pm

I did a trip report covering both domestic first and international business class:

AeroMexico J Class Trip Report

I had flights in both the old J seats and the ones currently on the 767 fleet. I don't know if EZE is flown by the 777 or 767 fleet, but the seats are somewhat similar (angled lie flats). The main difference is that the 777s have IFE while the 767s have rather clunky "portable" players.

The only saving grace for the 767s is that they at least have powerports now so you can bring your own entertainment.

With regards to service, service was OK but food was nothing to get excited about and presentation was subpar, I don't think I'd go out of my way to fly them JFK-MEX-EZE unless they were offering a very good fare.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Exclamation

Since there are almost no others I'd thought I'd post my own Aeromexico Business/Clase Premier experience in December 2014

I flew a domestic flight from TGZ (Tuxtla Gutierrez International Airport) to MEX (Mexico City). When I was booking the cost for the upgrade directly via the AM website was around £40/50% vs an economy ticket (£120 vs £80 per pax). I thought it was probably worth a try since I don't fly with Skyteam and therefore have no status and I presumed an international airport would have some form of lounge to use. The flight was on an Embraer E-190 with a seat map per seatguru, and as a couple we sat in 2C/2D.

My experiences:
Check-in: There was a dedicated priority check-in desk, which was fine but insisted on us using one of the Aeromexico baggage tags to write our name/details, rather than the numerous other tags on the bag... a bit odd.
Lounge: There was no lounge (I did find a short list here, wish we hadn't got there so early (the airport is pretty far out of town). At least the airport had free wifi, a Subway and a bar so you could create your own (paid) lounge experience...
Boarding: Priority boarding was well done, with business class being called first in a separate queue that was policed with a polite check of boarding passes
Seat: Was large and comfortable in a [1-2] configuration, per this picture, though with more in the cabin. For our two seats there was one blanket and one pillow which was a bit of a miss in service. However in comparison to economy (2-2) it likely wasn't that much more comfortable or private. No video/audio or power sockets
Food: A bag of spicy nuts (that were tasty if very salty), that was all for a ~80 minute flight, tasted better than BA domestic in the UK - but with less quantity
Drink: A single drink was brought at the start of the flight, it looked like there was a good selection of tequila based alcohol but I just went for a beer
Cabin crew: Disappeared after serving the drink, it seemed that they were serving the same offering to the economy cabin.

Overall: In my own view on a domestic flight, at least at an airport with no lounge (which their website implied was a fair proportion of Mexico) the overall offering was very poor and you'd be better saving your money - I'd have been happier if they'd offered the cabin a second drinks service to at least be a little better treated than economy. However to switch this around - as an economy flyer I suspect the service would have been reasonable and the seats quite comfortable.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Sounds like my experience in November 2013 on a 737 from CUN to MEX. I was very disappointed that in J on a 2 hour flight they dont even serve a cold meal. Only a drink and nuts.

At least CUN had a lounge.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, AF FlyingBlue Gold, Aegean Miles&Bonus Gold
My partner traveled J class from JFK/MEX/LIM on the 788 and connecting with a 767, claiming service was lazy,lame and that after the meal was served the crew vanished literally until top of descent.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, AF FlyingBlue Gold, Aegean Miles&Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I searched these forums and there seems to be very few Aeromexico trip reports, especially current ones.

We are considering JFK-MEX-EZE in J

How is business class on AeroMexico?

Anyone know if the 767 from MEX-EZE features the new "pod" seats like the 777 has?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.