Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cincinnati - NYC/Chicago via Ultimate Air Shuttle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond

I come to Cincinnati about 2x/year to visit the folks, but otherwise live in NYC. I was driving around town and heard an ad on the radio for the Ultimate Air Shuttle that serves NYC (via Morristown, NJ) and Chicago from Lunken Field near downtown Cincinnati. I checked out their website and it seems that they offer 1x/day service (except for Wednesdays) and the prices, I have to say, are quite competitive with what Delta charges.

Their thing is "fly private for the cost of commercial" which I find to be a bit bogus, because you're flying with 29 other people on a plane with 34" pitch. However, the efficiency of the check-in (5 minutes car to seat promise) sounds appealing enough to where I can see that some people, esp. those who work for P&G and Scripps could consider paying $595 to fly r/t to NYC.

Does anyone have any experience flying with these guys? Would be curious to hear. I don't see myself switching my flying from DL, given the loyalty program and the fact that I only fly to CVG for leisure, but this is interesting regardless.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:56 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle experience

Gosha83 ~
I am happy to see your interest in Ultimate Air Shuttle. I have flown on UAS once (Cincinnati to Chicago) and absolutely loved my experience. I haven't used UAS yet to fly to NYC/Morristown, but I do have coworkers that have and they too enjoyed their experience. Your are correct about the 1x/day service on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. From Cincinnati, you arrive at a their hangar with private and secure parking about 30 feet from their front door. Flights leave Lunken Airport at 6:30 a.m. for NYC and 7:30 a.m. for Chicago and always on time. Only takes a few minutes to go through their check-in and security process. Flights return nightly at 5:15 EST from NYC and 5:15 Central from Chicago, again only taking minutes to board their plane.

My coworkers experience with NYC was interesting because there were many flight delays in NYC (LaGuardia and JFK) that day, but the flight out of Morristown was unaffected. That was truly amazing for them (and for me as a former employee of a regional airline that struggled in the NYC area).

I found my flight experience to be very nice as well. The seats were very comfortable and my flight wasn't full at all. My wife and I had plenty of room to stretch out and store the many bags we had with us from shopping in Chicago. That is an awesome perk as well ... no fees for baggage or parking. I would absolutely recommend flying UAS because it is such a unique experience for competitive to mainline pricing.

I hope you found this helpful.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:20 pm

What type of aircraft are utilized?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by flyboy7974
What type of aircraft are utilized?
I found the type of jet off their website - http://www.ultimateairshuttle.com

Dornier 328 Jets:
Operate nine Dornier 328-300 Jets that are 2001 models or newer. The aircraft’s high-quality, commercial-level of design and manufacturing offers reliable performance under rigorous conditions. At the same time, 328 Jets are also equipped with the latest technology including fuel-efficient Pratt & Whitney PW 306B engines and Honeywell Primus 2000 Avionics. Here are some other features:

* Large, 6' 2" stand-up cabins
* All-leather, 30-seat interiors
* Cruising speed of more than 450 mph
* Nonstop flights of up to 1,000 miles
* Excellent short field capability (4,800 feet)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by pughj
I found the type of jet off their website - http://www.ultimateairshuttle.com

Dornier 328 Jets:
Operate nine Dornier 328-300 Jets that are 2001 models or newer. The aircraft’s high-quality, commercial-level of design and manufacturing offers reliable performance under rigorous conditions. At the same time, 328 Jets are also equipped with the latest technology including fuel-efficient Pratt & Whitney PW 306B engines and Honeywell Primus 2000 Avionics. Here are some other features:

* Large, 6' 2" stand-up cabins
* All-leather, 30-seat interiors
* Cruising speed of more than 450 mph
* Nonstop flights of up to 1,000 miles
* Excellent short field capability (4,800 feet)

Love these airplanes !!! Have a climb gradient unmatched by many, but then again, look at the cruise, a lot slower than most other jet regionals. Had chance to nonrev on a D328 jet when a college friend was flying with the old ACA and they had their Delta contract. Flew up to Boston from Philly on one of her passes when she was t.d.y up there for a few months. She loved flying them as well but said atc frequently vectored them out of the way of passing aircraft because of their much slower cruise speed.

Thanks for the link to their site and the answer. Happy New Year !!!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
OMG, both my husband and I used them intermittently when we lived in Cincinnati--FABULOUS experience!!
Of course, it doesn't take much to be competitive with Delta in Cincinnati--
but I digress--
great flight, fantastic service, I now live in Charlotte where i have more choices but the ultimate shuttle is fantastic! Also, I was able to get some half-price flights occasionally with online coupons.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nlkm9
OMG, both my husband and I used them intermittently when we lived in Cincinnati--FABULOUS experience!!
Of course, it doesn't take much to be competitive with Delta in Cincinnati--
but I digress--
great flight, fantastic service, I now live in Charlotte where i have more choices but the ultimate shuttle is fantastic! Also, I was able to get some half-price flights occasionally with online coupons.
Seriously contemplating this with all majors into CVG @ $900+
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
you will not regret it--my only regret is that i cant fly like this all the time--its a pretty sweet experience to show up 5 minutes before the flight, walk on the plane with the pilot(who carries your bag!!LOL) and not have to worry about any of the nonsense.
and such a great deal if you fly out of that area.
Old May 8, 2016, 7:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Going to be flying them LUK BKL in June on the afternoon flight. Does anybody if they offer alcohol in-flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.