Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

International to international connection at MEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (lifetime/1.7 MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver

I am flying Mexicana (business) from LAX-MEX/MEX-EZE and return. I am getting mixed opinions from other sources about what I am going to have to do, and the minimum connection time in Mexico City. Will I need to go out through security and come back in again for some reason? I assume bags will transfer automatically, but some have suggested otherwise. Will my connection remain in one terminal? MX has me arriving from EZE at 655pm and leaving for LAX at 820pm. It's a legal connection, but is it "safe"?

There was just a change in schedule which I have not yet approved, so I may be able to change the flights without penalty. Any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by bayotter
I am flying Mexicana (business) from LAX-MEX/MEX-EZE and return. I am getting mixed opinions from other sources about what I am going to have to do, and the minimum connection time in Mexico City. Will I need to go out through security and come back in again for some reason? I assume bags will transfer automatically, but some have suggested otherwise. Will my connection remain in one terminal? MX has me arriving from EZE at 655pm and leaving for LAX at 820pm. It's a legal connection, but is it "safe"?

There was just a change in schedule which I have not yet approved, so I may be able to change the flights without penalty. Any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated.
3 months ago someone was on a similar International-International route (LAX-MEX-GRU) and incoming/onward planes were at near gates, passengers were made to walk all the way to immigration, had passports stamped and walk all the way back to be able to board the onward plane.

Agent would not accept them to board the MEX-GRU plane without the Mexican immigration stub and passports stamped.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
I cofirm the above.

I made a connection with AM on business class from GRU to the United States via MEX and I needed to clear immigration (very long lines and long wait) and then had to go all the way back. It takes a long time and could be quite time consuming so you need a significant connection gap to be able to make it.

I would not recommend such connection to anyone and I will personally avoid it in future.

You could look at different options such as flying CO via IAH, DL via ATL, AA via MIA or DFW or even KE LAX-GRU and then GRU-EZE with another airline.

Rgs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.