Wiki Posts
Search

Egypt Air - business/first class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
What ever the response you get remember - you get what you pay for in life
Thus said I decided to skip MS and went with TK again and was happy about the service, the seat and the extremely wonderful new lounge in IST.

F.R.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GK
dont expect the terminal to be open this year.
Is T1 closed? AF and MS fly into T2, but AT shows to be flying into T1. It may be tight for a connection to AT if they are still flying out of T1 as their schedule says....
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Originally Posted by tmac100
Is T1 closed? AF and MS fly into T2, but AT shows to be flying into T1. It may be tight for a connection to AT if they are still flying out of T1 as their schedule says....
T1 has beeen renovated, within the last 4 years but T2 is closed for renovation. Star Alliance partners share T3 with MS with all other carriers using T1.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Sorry to dig out this age-old thread. Have all of MS 777 aircraft been refurbished with the new C seats by now? Planning to head to BKK if that matters...

Anything new about the BYO alcohol on board - is oneself still able to have a glass of wine (or a cocktail, depending on the bottle you bring aboard) being served by the FA in C? Any late observations - I am new to this dry thing, just in the final stages of booking my first flight with MS . Thus appreciating any input.

F.R.
I would like to bump up this thread as I have the same question. I am looking at a flight from CAI to BKK and see it is on a 773, are all 773's the new config?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold
AFAIK all the 773's have the 'new' business class seats.
Speaking about the 773 on MS, which business class seats do you think are the best?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm getting a pretty good deal on egypt air on a flight from bom-jfk....about $1,200 one way (only looking for a one way flight)....this is by far the cheapest rate i can find between india & the us....

i guess my concern is that i know nothing about egypt air....the first leg to cairo is on a 737 & the second leg to new york is on a 777....has anyone flown either one of these routes????i saw some pictures here on ft of both the 737 & 777....looks pretty comfortable....

Last edited by Keyser; Jan 4, 2012 at 3:40 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Keyser

i guess my concern is that i know nothing about egypt air....the first leg to cairo is on a 737 & the second leg to new york is on a 777....has anyone flown either one of these routes????i saw some pictures here on ft of both the 737 & 777....looks pretty comfortable....
I can't comment on the 737, but we flew on the 773s from LHR-CAI-KUL and return 4 months ago and found the plane and the service to be very good. Business class seats were very comfortable in both seated and flat positions, with plenty of space for work / relaxing / eating etc. Service was good on all sectors, with plenty of food which was of a good quality, with 3 or 4 course meals being offered on all sectors (including the short hop from BKK-KUL.)

We would definitely fly them again on long haul routes where the 773s are in operation. Sorry I can't advise on the CAI-JFK leg itself, but I suspect it won't be too different from what we received on the CAI-KUL service.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold
Flew from kul to Cai in J last December, as RAPC the 773 is pretty comfortable and the entertainment system is sufficient. Service on egyptair is very variable though. I usually feel that the FA's want to rush through the meal service so that they can rest. I can't comment about the 737 either.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I am booked on MS coming up on a C fare from Juba, South Sudan to Cairo. Plane was just changed from a 737 to an ERJ-170. Now, this means a newer plane...but is business a 1-2 config, 2-2, or what?

...question is, should I down fare to economy and save $200 each since it's only 2 seats on each side now, and there are two of us. Not like there's a departure lounge in Juba anyways
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RAPC
I can't comment on the 737, but we flew on the 773s from LHR-CAI-KUL and return 4 months ago and found the plane and the service to be very good. Business class seats were very comfortable in both seated and flat positions, with plenty of space for work / relaxing / eating etc. Service was good on all sectors, with plenty of food which was of a good quality, with 3 or 4 course meals being offered on all sectors (including the short hop from BKK-KUL.)

We would definitely fly them again on long haul routes where the 773s are in operation. Sorry I can't advise on the CAI-JFK leg itself, but I suspect it won't be too different from what we received on the CAI-KUL service.
thanks for your reply....the price seems too attractive to pass up....i think i'll go ahead with the booking....
Old May 1, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
thanks for your reply....the price seems too attractive to pass up....i think i'll go ahead with the booking....
just an update....flew bom-cai & then cai-jfk a day later....both flights were very comfortable & they have a very good business class product on their 777-300....seat pitch was very good, food & service was good & the 12 hours went by pretty easily....i would definitely fly this airline again....
Old May 1, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Business Class Product OK

I should have posted this a lot sooner. My daughter's flights on Egypt Air were very nice. She said the food was great (if you can tolerate spicy stuff) and seats comfortable. She also commented on the flight attendants rushing through the service.
Eileen
Old May 1, 2012, 11:42 am

Well, I finally did it and clocked in a reservation AMS-CAI-BKK vv. which are scheduled to be 321 and 773.

After a quick call to FRA reservations I got the impression that the ratio on the CAI-BKK flight to catch a 777-300 and thus riding in new C is about 80%. Anyone with more insight?

I will report back in 4 weeks time.

F.R.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:56 pm

Exclamation Trip report

So, as said here is my short trip-report:

I went from AMS-CAI-BKK. AMS was a A321. Nice seating comfort compared to regional european or US airlines, 2-2 configuration, seatrest and reasonable seat recline, acceptable food.

As said before, the lounge in CAI is nothing special, no alcohol. For those in need duty-free is available and one can stock up for consumption on-board or in the lounge at good prices.

The CAI-BKK leg was in a 777-300 as scheduled. The seat is very comfy, much better than e.g. TG! I was surprised that the food was about similar to the shorter AMS-CAI leg (I choose the salmon dish twice and wasn´t disappointed once).

If nothing goes belly-up on the return: Wow! Count me in for MS. Really, really a huge positive surprise for me. And the price (1,400 EUR) is still had to beaten-if at all.

F.R.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
So, as said here is my short trip-report:

I went from AMS-CAI-BKK. AMS was a A321. Nice seating comfort compared to regional european or US airlines, 2-2 configuration, seatrest and reasonable seat recline, acceptable food.

As said before, the lounge in CAI is nothing special, no alcohol. For those in need duty-free is available and one can stock up for consumption on-board or in the lounge at good prices.

The CAI-BKK leg was in a 777-300 as scheduled. The seat is very comfy, much better than e.g. TG! I was surprised that the food was about similar to the shorter AMS-CAI leg (I choose the salmon dish twice and wasn´t disappointed once).

If nothing goes belly-up on the return: Wow! Count me in for MS. Really, really a huge positive surprise for me. And the price (1,400 EUR) is still had to beaten-if at all.

F.R.
Anyone flewegyptair business recently? Considering usimg them end of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.