Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egypt Air - business/first class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by Starbucks
Nope much better seats and overall cabin ambience. I even prefer doing CAI-(BOM)-KUL-BKK instead of CAI-BKK just to get the better bird.

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just flew with them in C-class, DUS-CAI-BKK.
DUS-CAI: Seats were appropriate with service. Nice PTV with AVOD function. Amenity kit given, Aigner. Departed and arrived on time. FA's were ok, but don't expect any much service. You will have to ask for anything and they are provided. All the expected Biz rounds with a fruit round an hour or so before landing.

CAI: Not too bad for transfer. Quite fast and smooth. Lounge is a dump though. But still with free Wifi, it is ok for a short wait. Food and drinks offering quite terrible.

CAI-BKK: On the 777. Biz seats are actually just Prem. Eco. seats.. if you have short legs, the footrest is too far from the seat, so it is useless. Did not manage to get a good sleep in them. cabin was quite full. no amenity kit provided, but food offering was big and tasted ok. I did bring a small bottle of wine with me. No complain/comments from FA's. All services are just one round, if you need more, you will have to ask. Compared to the DUS-CAI segment, seems that Int'l segment were worst service wise, only dinner and breakfast, no pre-drink or anything before dinner service. PTV with no AVOD. I also felt b'fast was started too early, 2 hours before arrival. In First, no one wanted b'fast so they the cabin was dark until 20 mins before arrival.

In conclusion, for the price paid, it is ok (weak "ok") considering the mileage you get in Biz. But if I had to pay more, it would be expensive.

Might try for my return to see how much it would be to upgrade to First for the BKK-CAI segment.

I think going on the A330 to KUL would have a better Biz seat as I have seen in a TR on airliners.net. At least those had foot rest which was useful.

Hope this helps.

Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:23 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
The 330 is fine in Business Class.. i did a trip report recently. here
Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by GK
The 330 is fine in Business Class.. i did a trip report recently. here
Yes, those seats are way much better than those on the 777. Compared to those Biz seats on the 777, these seats look like heaven, it might be a bit narrower compared to those on the 777, but what I would give for them. They look like the old biz seats of UA.

Regarding your experience of transfer at CAI, on both my in and outbound legs, no problem, in total it just took me approx. 1/2 hour from departing the plane to lounge. Not that bad I would say.
As for the lounge, it is overcrowded during the morning hours (am witnessing it myself now). Especially after 7.30am when all the long hauls come from Asia and those to N.A starts to leave.

Overall, I think the experience so far with MS is tolerable. Though connecting from BKK to LH Biz class can be shocking to the system..from one product from the 80's to one of current bliss

On their FA's today I had a wonderful FA on the BKK-CAI sector. She was really friendly and I would dare say she could qualify as a Singapore/MH girl. Very service oriented and truly enjoying what she did. I can't say the same for the rest, who just do what is needed to be done.

One peeve that I have is that why no water bottle for passengers on these night flights. On both sectors, I was left waking up with a dried mouth and as you know getting out from those seats can be horrible if you have a neighbor. Luckily I do not depend on them for amenity kits.. I bring my own, but I don't understand why even for Business class, why can't they provide a simple one with eye shades and ear plugs for the passengers instead of the slippers.

A good thing is that they have a separate bus when leaving the aircraft for F/J class passengers which I cannot say the same for some other more established airlines.

I have one more flight with MS end of next month on the same routing. Will try and take some pictures if have by than my camera. Lost mine recently..

Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: LH, Hertz, Europcar, IHG
Hi all.

Nice and very informative thread you have here. Thanks for all the info. Might give MS a try from Berlin to Guangzhou in the not too distant future. Guess CAI - CAN is a bit of a longhaul with the stopover in BKK and all. But prices in C and even F seem to be quite the bargain.
Anybody ever travelled this particular route?

Cheers,
wicketo
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Berlin-Cairo can be sought-after A332 or A320. CAI-CAN is the 777 of course. Check out the trip report at the top of Page 2 of this thread written by Sam Chui. Link is a bit faulty but gives a detailed report when it works. Not too analytic but you can decide for yourself.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe a little O/T but when is the new terminal supposed to be open in CAI?

Any word on when the other *A partners will move over?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:31 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
dont expect the terminal to be open this year.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
T3 originally planned for 2008 (initially to concide with MS joining *A). Everytime I pass
T2 it's clear that it needs several months' work. Hopefully sometime in 2009. No details as to who will move and if non-aligned airlines (EK, SV, QR) will move. Keeping an eye out in all newspapers though.
Another update: The new terminal at Alexandria's Borj el Arab Int'l is also scheduled to open 'soon'-and MS will probably move operations from Nozha.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by directorguy_
T3 originally planned for 2008 (initially to concide with MS joining *A). Everytime I pass
T2 it's clear that it needs several months' work. Hopefully sometime in 2009. No details as to who will move and if non-aligned airlines (EK, SV, QR) will move. Keeping an eye out in all newspapers though.
Another update: The new terminal at Alexandria's Borj el Arab Int'l is also scheduled to open 'soon'-and MS will probably move operations from Nozha.
Blerg, I was hoping I'd be able to check it out when I go there in mid-January.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Sorry to dig out this age-old thread. Have all of MS 777 aircraft been refurbished with the new C seats by now? Planning to head to BKK if that matters...

Anything new about the BYO alcohol on board - is oneself still able to have a glass of wine (or a cocktail, depending on the bottle you bring aboard) being served by the FA in C? Any late observations - I am new to this dry thing, just in the final stages of booking my first flight with MS . Thus appreciating any input.

F.R.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
... just in the final stages of booking my first flight with MS . Thus appreciating any input.

F.R.
Just booked my daughter in C on a JNB>CAI flt. Can you give any insights as to the service/aircraft?
Eileen
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by EileenSRN
Just booked my daughter in C on a JNB>CAI flt. Can you give any insights as to the service/aircraft?
Eileen
What ever the response you get remember - you get what you pay for in life I wouldnt fly my worst enemy on MS.

CJ
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Ouch! She was invited to vacation in Gaborone. So, she's going from HAM. New country, no hotel bill. Award ticket... I guess she can handle "roughing it".
Eileen
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by EileenSRN
Ouch! She was invited to vacation in Gaborone. So, she's going from HAM. New country, no hotel bill. Award ticket... I guess she can handle "roughing it".
Eileen
Award ticket is your only saving grace
CJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.