Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL Aquire 5th B747-400??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
EL AL Aquire 5th B747-400??

Just saw this on Airliners.net?? (pretty long link!)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...next_id=810695
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
To answer my own post it seems that EL AL are either Leasing this 5th 744 or have just acquired it but haven’t had time to give it a full paint job. This aircraft used to belong to Singapore Airlines.

Anyone know any further info?

Cheers
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:29 pm

Programs: elal platinum SPG platinum CO Gold
the plane is configured with no first class and platinum business upstairs (24 seats) there is only one bathroom. it has large (larger than the other 4) overhead bins and compartments for storage next to the window seat
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
That sound very unhappy
Even worse than CO's 753, however, having flown on the 'kiddie flight' configured 744 Be'er Sheva last year, they didn't even fill C class.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yaacovh
the plane is configured with no first class and platinum business upstairs (24 seats) there is only one bathroom. it has large (larger than the other 4) overhead bins and compartments for storage next to the window seat
Just flew the aircraft last night. Was upstairs 77A, ridiculous amount of legroom (though it was the emergency exit row seat). Seats weren’t all that comfortable and the PTV's were very small. Downstairs was a zoo, no other description, all (Y) 458 PAX not a spare seat in the place, also huge galley row 13-27 on right hand side of the aircraft.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:06 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jonnye
Just flew the aircraft last night. ... Seats weren’t all that comfortable and the PTV's were very small.
That just about sums up the 744 business class on EL AL. It used to seem great, before they introduced the 777, but now it looks pretty bad in comparison. I have been told by someone in customer relations that they are planning to improve it, but only after the 757/767s get done this summer.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
yep, I had 77 when I flew both ways, it is very nice legroom wise but the seat itself is not too comfy to sleep in. Great service though.

I was supposed to be on the 777 on the way back but had to leave a day earlier and that was the best they could do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.