Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egypt Air frequent flyer program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2004, 1:28 pm

Location: Huntsville AL, previously Kwajalein - Republic of the Marshall Islands
Programs: CO Plat, DL Plat
Bretteee (or whoever might know): what were the specific complaints about Business class JFK-CAI? I might have the dubious honor of flying that route next month.....
Old Mar 14, 2004, 5:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
&gt;&gt;I'm curious as to how it went for you.&gt;&gt;

FYI the poster wrote about the MS trip on the Trip Report page.
</font>
Thanks,

T
Old Mar 15, 2004, 7:52 am

&lt;&lt;
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kwaj girl:
Bretteee (or whoever might know): what were the specific complaints about Business class JFK-CAI? I might have the dubious honor of flying that route next month.....</font>
&gt;&gt;

You can go to airlinequality.com and go to "opinions." You can read Egyptair reviews there. Some include C reviews. It seems that all you get in C will be a better seat.

Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:51 am

Location: Huntsville AL, previously Kwajalein - Republic of the Marshall Islands
Programs: CO Plat, DL Plat
EGAD...that was downright SCARY....
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:23 pm

Egypt Air sucks

Flying Egypt Air was total mistake. Egypt/Kenya was suppose to be my dream trip, but it turned out to be a disaster. I flew from JFK to Cairo and then from Cairo to Nairobi and back to Cairo. It started at JFK when my friend and I checked we were greeted by this rude woman at the counter. The plane crew were all rude and the announcements were so irritating we could not understand what they were saying. And now the most horrible part, coming back from Nairobi to Cairo, they misplaced my luggage, and when it finally arrived, the lock was gone, the contents are in total disarray and wet and the worst part, the hard drive I stored thousands of pictures I took on this trip was stolen, my Montblanc Anniversary pen attached to my journal and some souvenirs were all stolen. I immediately reported the incident at the airport, I was given a claim number and was told to contact JFK Airport when I return to the USA after 3 weeks. Three weeks have gone back and tried to contact the JFK office, of course I couldn't get hold of them. When I finally got hold of them they told me that the file could not be found (my claim number that is).

Now, what do I do? I travel quite a lot and definitely, Egypt Air will no longer be on my list. There's a bunch of thieves out in Egypt, BEWARE.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by ceng
the hard drive I stored thousands of pictures I took on this trip was stolen, my Montblanc Anniversary pen attached to my journal and some souvenirs were all stolen. .
I never keep valuables in my check in.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
ceng welcome to FT.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Update on the Egyptair FFP: Since joining *A, they're trying hard to keep up to standards with the alliance. Whenever I have a query, I send them an email and I get a comprehensive reply the following day.
I got an email regarding new benefits for family members, which I'm trying to activate. The MS website has been redesigned, but for the worse though. I preffered the old one. Now it's all in blue and doesn't look very appealing. In fact, it's one of the worst sites for ME carriers.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Sorry about your lost bag CENG that sucks. My mom flew them from Aswan to CAI to JFK and in CAI her bag went missing. She filed a claim and was given a tag number and told to check w/ the website to track it. They said it can take easily up to 21 days to find a missing bag. Well the website was not to bad, you could check under the luggage section if you have a claim number it had her personal info and bag description. Luckily they found her bag and it was returned to her home in 17 days undamaged w/ all her contents. I too was very surprised, I have not heard may flattering things about CAI airport and to think it came home w/ everything was AMAZING. She was told and we did verify that she could do a homeowners insurance claim or credit card claim if they didn't find the bag, so you might want to explore those options.

Once again sorry about your bag.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ceng
Flying Egypt Air was total mistake.

There's a bunch of thieves out in Egypt, BEWARE.
At the risk of sounding insufferably smug, you have learned a lesson. Do not put anything of obvious value in checked-in bags. Carry things of personal value in your hand-baggage.
(And as a variant to that main rule, do NOT believe a sturdy bottle of wine can be carried in hold baggage without risk of it breaking ).

All airlines lose bags (some morethan others, BA ), and there are theives everywhere, not only in Egypt.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
rkaradi-did your mom check her luggage all the way through to JFK at ASW or did she reclaim and recheck-in at CAI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.