Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf air Earning Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Gulf air Earning Miles

Does any body know whether miles can be earned in any other airlines FF program flying Gulf air business class?
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:08 pm

yep, i like virgin atlantic (VS) flying club, plenty of partners rather than gulf air's falcon program.

so the ability to clock up miles is easier (ie Air NZ, SQ, Lauda, Austrian, Delta, etc) plus you can transfer your VS miles to Hilton HHonors points 1:2.

Car Rentals on VS are also good - 1,000 miles per rental on standard rates, 500 miles on discounted rates. Awards are very fairly priced too.

http://www.virginatlantic.com
Old Jul 22, 2003, 9:47 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
kawoh

Have you had any problem getting miles earned on GulfAir put into your Flying Club account?
I am flying GulfAir for the first time in about 3 weeks from LHR to DXB via BAH, I will be with my wife and son. We are all Virgin Silver and I would be grateful for any tips or pitfalls you have found.

Thanks

Nick
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:33 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I did a GF trip with miles accrued to VS, over a month ago - no sign of them yet, so letter with ticket and boarding cards are on their way into Crawley..
Old Jul 23, 2003, 3:32 am

can't comment, last time i flew GF was in 2001 and i couldn't quickly join falcon at the time and didn't know of any other partners so I didn't earn any miles on that flight... but make sure u always keep your boarding passes and keep a copy and send in the originals, alternatively i've found with VS, faxing the BP's to the HKG office was sufficent when I accrued some miles on SQ for my folks to VS.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:22 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Thanks for that.

I am well used to chasing the Flying Club up for missing points

I have to say though, they seem to be doing a lot better recently.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.