Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ghana Airlines, your pick for the worst in the world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2003, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat

See the story here.

I just couldn't stop
Old Jun 13, 2003, 8:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
See the story here.

I just couldn't stop
</font>
I agree. Ghanaians are very religious and charismatic religion is a very big business. Infact every other building in major cities and towns over there is a place of worship.

The airline is in a miserable shape-its got massive debts. Last year, their DC-10 was seized at LHR and was eventually permitted to fly after Ghanaian Govt intervened.

In the past there has been a lot of talk about mergers and alliances-including one with Branson's Virgin Atlantic. Unfortunately all of them failed to materialise. Currently, Ghana Airways is in talks with Triaton and T&E Aviation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.