Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Singer Whitney Houston Travels to Israel on EL AL!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 27, 2003--The well-known singer Whitney Houston flew to Israel on EL AL Israel Airlines this week with her husband Bobby Brown, also a well-known entertainer and musician.

Ms. Houston and her husband, along with other family members, are in Israel for a one-week pilgrimage and are visiting the important historical and holy sites.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030527/275679_1.html

Why El Al chose to issue a press release on this matter, I do not know!
Old May 27, 2003, 2:41 pm

Why not mention this? Many airlines, in the 1960's and before especially, used to have pictures of famous stars flying on their planes. I remember especially that Air France used to publish the pictures and TWA too.

Old May 28, 2003, 1:45 am

It is good advertising, but can also be annoying to the star as they want privacy and people want autographs. If the press knows when someone is coming in,then they are at the airport to greet them.

My brother works for a big music producer and he sees stars all the time. I thought they usually flew private jets, which is what his boss(and sometimes he :P~) does.
No security, no lines, no stupid profiling, you order whatever you want to eat(and it is good!). Bro takes his portable DVD and CD player and he is good to go.

------------------
PA747-May it rest in Peace
Old May 28, 2003, 8:54 pm

With all the advertising posts announcing Whitney baby flying EL AL,I get the impression EL AL is not doing great ,business wise.
Is EL AL following other airlines into the big " B " land ?
Old May 29, 2003, 1:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by seeyou:
With all the advertising posts announcing Whitney baby flying EL AL,I get the impression EL AL is not doing great ,business wise.
Is EL AL following other airlines into the big " B " land ?
</font>
Wow! someone other than Brettee responded and I wasn't attacked, NICE!!!

------------------
PA747-May it rest in Peace
Old May 29, 2003, 11:32 am

&gt;&gt;QUOTE]Originally posted by PanAm747:
[B] Wow! someone other than Brettee responded and I wasn't attacked, NICE!!! &gt;&gt;

There was no reason for me to attack, as there was no misinformation this time. However in my opinion flying private jets is dangerous. Many well known people have been killed in private plane crashes. One a few years ago ran out of oxygen and the pilot fell asleep and crashed due to running out of petrol.
Old May 29, 2003, 11:34 am

Yes El Al is losing money like most other carriers.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 5:51 pm

U forgot to mention that Richard Gere also flew EL AL. An article in the Haaretz paper about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.