Wiki Posts
Search

ShebaMiles vs Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
ShebaMiles vs Aeroplan

As a resident of Canada, I mostly collect and use Aeroplan. However I am planning to do a lot of travelling in Africa soon.
I am wondering if it will be worthwile to enroll & collect ShebaMiles.
I also wonder if I can collect both Aeroplan points and ShebaMiles.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you are already a well established member, stay w/ Aeroplan.
You can't earn with both programs for the same flight; you have to choose between Shebamiles and Aeroplan.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:06 am
Original Poster

This makes sense. Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by okoliv
As a resident of Canada, I mostly collect and use Aeroplan. However I am planning to do a lot of travelling in Africa soon.
1) No, you cannot collect both.
2) Shebamiles mainly make sense if you fly a lot of ET as many ET flights in economy credits well to ET only. Also, redeeming miles for upgrades on ET is relatively cheap, albeit it can be difficult to do without contacting an ET sales office.
3) You should check www.wheretocredit.com to see where it would be best to credit your miles.
cheltzel likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goaguy
1) No, you cannot collect both.
2) Shebamiles mainly make sense if you fly a lot of ET as many ET flights in economy credits well to ET only. Also, redeeming miles for upgrades on ET is relatively cheap, albeit it can be difficult to do without contacting an ET sales office.
3) You should check www.wheretocredit.com to see where it would be best to credit your miles.

Thanks for the tip
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:03 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by okoliv
Aeroplan is the far, far better programme. It has one of the widest arrays of partner airlines of any FFP in the world. Not just Star Alliance carriers, but excellent non-aligned airlines like Emirates, Etihad, Gulf Air, Oman Air and a host of others. This may not matter now as you are prioritizing African travel, but going forward you may appreciate having a lot of miles banked in a programme which provides so many other appealing options to redeem them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.