Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudi free stopover visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Saudi free stopover visa

Anybody knows, if the visa can be applied with existing bookings by Saudia?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:27 am

I'm curious as to this as well. Also, curious of 2 other points:

can you fly [int'l city X] - Riyadh [then drive or fly domestically to Jeddah or another domestic city] - fly to [Int'l city Y]? Or is it that your 4 days must be in the same region of your flight?

Separately, can you do a stopover in Riyadh one way, and another in Jeddah on the return?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by deltatrav
I'm curious as to this as well. Also, curious of 2 other points:

can you fly [int'l city X] - Riyadh [then drive or fly domestically to Jeddah or another domestic city] - fly to [Int'l city Y]? Or is it that your 4 days must be in the same region of your flight?

Separately, can you do a stopover in Riyadh one way, and another in Jeddah on the return?
When trying to make a dummy booking on the SV website, seems like you can do only one stopover per round trip and that you need to select your stopover location (Riyadh or Jeddah) making it unlikely to do an open-jaw for the stopover.
Would love to see some reports of this free stopover visa and free hotel night, as I am considering booking a trip for october via a long transfer in JED.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:53 am

I'm also interested

My return form Singapore to Athens has been changed and there is now a 13 hour transit at Jeddah. There was no free stopover visa option when I originally booked some months back.

What are my options to discuss with Saudia when I call

- Free stopover visa and hotel
- Possible reroute from Asia ? I'd love to come back from Seoul if they allow ( just 4 hours transit )

Any tips or advice warmly welcomed
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:25 am

Sadly calling them only resulted in the answer that the free visa is availably during booking. I already have tickets for the whole family, and it seems I would need to buy evisa or VOA if I wanted to leave the airport (costly sadly).

I also asked if I could make a booking om the same date, include free visa, and then cancel the booking, and although I couldn't see the person I was talking to, I am sure she was frowning upon me. Afterwards I received a link to the visa section of saudia, which did not include anything free.
Jaegersss and TravellingChris like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:41 am

Flying to Dubai while on Transit???

There is a good MNL-JED-USA return ticket with married segmet of 60 hours or 80 hours connection in JED on SV on the return. There is a free Saudi Transit Visa offered as well.

Can I buy a separate JED-Dubai-JED on SV and when I break my trip in JED, can I go on a quick trip to Dubai and return thru JED to catch my SV flight to MNL within 11 hour maximum (no transit visa required). I can avail the 1st night free hotel and entry. I am just afraid the Saudi Immigration will not let me leave on a Dubai flight when my transit visa is an arrival from US going to Manila in few days.

Anyone have experience on this or opinion on Saudi transit visa rules?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
HI
I'm also taking a 4 day stop over in JED in early Aug and already booked the tixs for family of 5 in J cabin, Could not apply for visa as it was asking for specific photo size, I thought I can come back and apply for visa with "Manage Booking", Looks like there's no direct way to do it after you've booked the tixs..
couple of queries :
1) Is there a way to get the free transit visa after the booking is done..
2) is the transit visa tied to ticket/Boarding pass..? in case I decide to do a fully refundable dummy booking just to get the visa.
3) Is the transit visa valid for 1 month and is there a start/end date specified on it..?
3) How Do I book the hotels provided as part of stop over..?
4) Are SV Al-fursan miles credited immediately after flying first leg of the round trip OR after the trip is completed..?

Appreciate your insights.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
ad 1) Earlier in this thread someone had the experience it was impossible to add a free visa after booking.
ad 2) Seems questionable. The free transit scheme is clearly linked to a stop in SA with a SA carrier. I would assume the visa is gone after cancelling the flight, or that the visa is linked to a specific PNR and flight number. If not, this would be a loophole that gives free visa away that they certainly will close. If you book fully refundable no further harm.
Re others: no clue....

And mnlfqtv : you apparently can plug in one stop in a return flight - I highly doubt you can leave the Kingdom during such a stop, again seems playing with fire. If you can't, at best you lose your DXB ticket if they do not let you board, but at worst you find yourself in DXB without any option to fly back to JED and catching your flight there (or even worse - JED airside without an option to go to departures or leave the airport). Note that in the majority of cases regular visa for countries are single entry and multiple entries have to be asked for specifically. But maybe you can simply call SV what the rules are....
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:37 am

Thanks for the responses,
Its Bizarre that they wouldn't allow you to book the visa as part of "manage My booking" after initial booking as adding photos and other details were taking a lot of time for 5 pax and I went ahead to buy the tixs without the transit visa hoping i can add it later on.
talking to Customer care and writing to their back office team did not help either with standard reply being it has to be bought with the original booking.
Any one actualy tried using visa from a different/dummy PNR to fly on a stopover flight booked without the transit visa..?
Worst case I'll have to spend $120 per person to get visa on arrival defeating the free transit visa promo.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:42 am

Had an SV IST-RUH-DXB itinerary last week, with <96 hours in Riyadh. My local contacts booked the ticket, so I may have forgotten to tell them in due time to avail of the visa-free scheme.

Asking at RUH, it seems the visa-free thing must be done during booking; getting the visa-on-arrival took quite a while.

Even though it's an expensive visa, it is multiple-entry valid for one year (can stay a total of 90 days within that one year period). Me thinks they want to discourage backpackers.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Had an SV IST-RUH-DXB itinerary last week, with <96 hours in Riyadh. My local contacts booked the ticket, so I may have forgotten to tell them in due time to avail of the visa-free scheme.

Asking at RUH, it seems the visa-free thing must be done during booking; getting the visa-on-arrival took quite a while.

Even though it's an expensive visa, it is multiple-entry valid for one year (can stay a total of 90 days within that one year period). Me thinks they want to discourage backpackers.
I have been trying to book a flight in the past week and I've seen many changes on the FCO - MRU route. Since it's for december 23 I guess they are still figuring out how to set the flights and the trasfer so that's why there happen to be these changes in connection times and also fares.
However, one thing I realized is that the possibility of receiving a visa while booking appears if and only if the flight is to be taken 90 days from now. AFAIU this is due to the fact that the free stopover visa is made on the fly while booking the ticket and that has a maximum of 90 days of validity. I have been trying to play with the dates and as soon as the dates are > today + 90 days the banner disappears from the routes and it's not possible to get a visa while booking. Now, is it only me or is this happening to everyone? I couldn't talk to a phone agent but this is blocking me from booking as of today. I will try to double check tomorrow as well, but if this is the case it's a bit weird and it means that everyone booking a flight in 3+ months time from now will not receive the free visa...
So for example this is a screenshot for a flight MXP - MRU from 6th of July (OK for visa) to 15th of July (already outside the 90 days window). As you can see the return trip is not selectable for visa. This is really unfortunate as a decision, it looks like the IT is interpreting this "90 days rule" in a weird fashion....
Marschel likes this.

Last edited by jumpallover; Apr 8, 2023 at 12:27 am
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:57 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
what about those Wizz flights?

can i utilize a 48 hr visa for them?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:46 am

transit visa is for saudia & flynas only
jumpallover - Yes, transit visa is only applicable for travel originating within 90 days of booking. Moreover if the stop over is in return leg, then the visa is not covering the return leg if its outside the 90 day window..Someone in Saudia visa issuance needs to think through this issue before going live.
they should not collect money for transit visa when they can't give visa for the return leg.
jumpallover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Javvu
transit visa is for saudia & flynas only
jumpallover - Yes, transit visa is only applicable for travel originating within 90 days of booking. Moreover if the stop over is in return leg, then the visa is not covering the return leg if its outside the 90 day window..Someone in Saudia visa issuance needs to think through this issue before going live.
they should not collect money for transit visa when they can't give visa for the return leg.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will try to call them but seeing the previous replies I got from the call center I am not very hopeful, let's see in the next days what I will discover.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hello, If I book a trip with a long transit in JED (like 12 hours), but with a departure more than 90 days out, can I book the free visa with 1 hotel night later on, using the Manage My booking section less than 90 days from departure date ? I am interested in booking a trip with SV for a departure in November but i don't want to wait until August to book this trip to that I can apply for a transit visa...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.