Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Issues booking Tunisair via CapitalOne Travel Portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Just tried to confirm and pay for a TunisAir flight booked thru the CapitalOne travel portal. The payment went through, yet I got an error screen on the CapitalOne site and was asked to search again. I haven't gotten an email from Tunisair or any other booking provider about my reservation...

^ Have others encountered this problem before?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
yes, i've had a lot of problem booking TunisAir from outside Tunisia. I tried to book directly on the website and through a travel agent (the live kind). Booking online, 4 different cards were refused. The ticket was initially issued by the agent and then cancelled 2 days later as agent said their system couldn't send payment to TunisAir. I also wasn't able to book ticket with US-issued credit cards while in Tunisia either.
My guess is they are either blocked by credit cards in the US (i tried 4 cards - a mix of Visa and Amex) or Tunisair themselves don't accept US-issued cards due to fees.
In the end, I gave up and booked a ticket with NouvelAir (it was for Paris-Tunis leg).
if you can find a similar price on a different airline, please book someone else. their track record in cancelling flights and not refunding is pretty bad. If the flight is actually flying and on time, service is fine and flight is ok. but if something goes wrong, it becomes very difficult. you can't ever reach anyone on the phone, have to go to the airport to get anything done/booked (or city office if there's one near you).

also - check your reservation on "manage my flight",. this is how I found it was cancelled. i also didn't have any email from tunisair at all and initila email from travel agent with PNR looked ok "confirmed".
Old Feb 17, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by lerasp
yes, i've had a lot of problem booking TunisAir from outside Tunisia. I tried to book directly on the website and through a travel agent (the live kind). Booking online, 4 different cards were refused. The ticket was initially issued by the agent and then cancelled 2 days later as agent said their system couldn't send payment to TunisAir. I also wasn't able to book ticket with US-issued credit cards while in Tunisia either.
My guess is they are either blocked by credit cards in the US (i tried 4 cards - a mix of Visa and Amex) or Tunisair themselves don't accept US-issued cards due to fees.
In the end, I gave up and booked a ticket with NouvelAir (it was for Paris-Tunis leg).
if you can find a similar price on a different airline, please book someone else. their track record in cancelling flights and not refunding is pretty bad. If the flight is actually flying and on time, service is fine and flight is ok. but if something goes wrong, it becomes very difficult. you can't ever reach anyone on the phone, have to go to the airport to get anything done/booked (or city office if there's one near you).

also - check your reservation on "manage my flight",. this is how I found it was cancelled. i also didn't have any email from tunisair at all and initila email from travel agent with PNR looked ok "confirmed".

how was your experience with NouvelAir? reliable? I see their cheapest Y fares have a 8kg hand luggage allowance...did they weigh your carryon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.