Search

JNB - Transit side question

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
JNB - Transit side question

Hello,

Quick question - Is there a possibility to collect my boarding pass transit side at the Airlink desk for a flight to Maun? Incoming on the Emirates arrives approximately 10:10 am and connection to Maun 12:10 PM ....... Does this look doable?
Thanks
Old May 26, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7
Hello,

Quick question - Is there a possibility to collect my boarding pass transit side at the Airlink desk for a flight to Maun? Incoming on the Emirates arrives approximately 10:10 am and connection to Maun 12:10 PM ....... Does this look doable?
Thanks
Yes, there’s an international transit section, and Airlink has a desk. Bizarrely, sometimes there’s an immigration check, but just follow the signs to international transit.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Bizarrely, sometimes there’s an immigration check, but just follow the signs to international transit.
The immigration check is to verify that you have 2 blank pages in your passport which is a requirement to transit South Africa. They then stamp one of those pages with a "TRANSIT" stamp. South African bureaucracy at its best.
Old May 26, 2022, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot ...... Is there a Meet and greet service in JNB airport that one can book to rush through the transit area (I know sometimes the queue can be really long - especially afternoons)
Old May 27, 2022, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by safari_7
Thanks a lot ...... Is there a Meet and greet service in JNB airport that one can book to rush through the transit area (I know sometimes the queue can be really long - especially afternoons)
Ive used these guys in he past, but no idea what’s happening with meet and greet since COVID. Never seen long queues at transit, but I’m usually there in the mornings.

https://airssist.com/johannesburg-airport-concierge/
Old May 27, 2022, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The immigration check is to verify that you have 2 blank pages in your passport which is a requirement to transit South Africa. They then stamp one of those pages with a "TRANSIT" stamp. South African bureaucracy at its best.
Nuts.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Ive used these guys in he past, but no idea what’s happening with meet and greet since COVID. Never seen long queues at transit, but I’m usually there in the mornings.

https://airssist.com/johannesburg-airport-concierge/
That is nice to know. I had used the VIP transit service from Bidvest on our first trip through JNB about 7 years ago (connecting on 2 different tickets with a 3 hour connection). It was excellent but it looks like Bidvest's VIP airport services did not survive the pandemic.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
That is nice to know. I had used the VIP transit service from Bidvest on our first trip through JNB about 7 years ago (connecting on 2 different tickets with a 3 hour connection). It was excellent but it looks like Bidvest's VIP airport services did not survive the pandemic.
Bidvest are definitely done. I fly into and out of JNB frequently and found the guys on the link above better. Bidvest we’re inconsistent, IME.

But JNB has been relatively quiet since the pandemic and haven’t felt the need for meet-and m-greet the last two years.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for all the help.... will book them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.