Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EgyptAir service/BYOB in J YYZ/JFK-CAI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The OP is correct. Egyptair has had a policy of BYO for a long time, the crew are happy to serve it to you. Royal Brunei likewise and OneMileataTime also reports the same for Kuwait Airways.
This would be my preferred option. Now all I need to do is to find a duty free shop at either JFK or IAD that will sell me a decent chilled bottle of champagne.
Grace B likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 12:50 pm

Anyone have intel as to whether the 77W's will be refurbished to match the 787s? 77Ws are quite dated...
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
A bump on this topic, any recent data points on YYZ-CAI for BYOB?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:14 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Bump. (DH and I are flying business class JNB-CAI-MAD in April and BRU-CAI-JNB in June. Friends who live in Cyprus tell us they always fly EgyptAir and bring alcohol on board which the flight attendants chill for them and serve them in flight and have never had a problem. I am guessing they buy it at duty free at their departure airport. Very curious whether and how this actually works.)
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:41 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The OP is correct. Egyptair has had a policy of BYO for a long time, the crew are happy to serve it to you. Royal Brunei likewise and OneMileataTime also reports the same for Kuwait Airways.
Unfortunately, KU doesn't have the BYOB policy. I feel like OMAAT lucked out and was a one-off because it was a segment from SNN-JFK and he was able to get the booze while transferring through SNN (a route that was once operated by KU before they were allowed to operate direct flights to JFK).
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:51 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Question: I have seen a youtube video where passengers brought their own cans of beer on board their EgyptAir flight departing from Cairo. Is beer sold in the Cairo airport and would you be allowed to bring it on board? I assumed there would be a security check and it would not be permitted unless in a duty free bag?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by lmk
Question: I have seen a youtube video where passengers brought their own cans of beer on board their EgyptAir flight departing from Cairo. Is beer sold in the Cairo airport and would you be allowed to bring it on board? I assumed there would be a security check and it would not be permitted unless in a duty free bag?
Yes, canned beer is readily available in several shops in the airport. It's not necessarily cheap but it's available. I haven't been in T3 for quite a while so can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it's central security like T2, so anything you buy in the terminal can be brought on the plane. I am pretty sure only domestic has security at the gate (so no cans / bottles of anything).
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:03 am
lmk

Thank you. Are there any restaurants in the airport for a meal & glass of wine? The lounges do not look very appealing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.