Wiki Posts
Search

ET flight least likely to be cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA UGS/1K
ET flight least likely to be cancelled?

We are scheduled to travel to Lusaka Zambia from SFO next week, returning July 1st. It's for a trip that was scheduled for 2020 but delayed to this year.

We are using Star Alliance miles for our tickets, and connecting flying ET from Europe to Lusaka (via ADD). Since I've booked our tickets, ET has had several cancellations, usually moving flights from daily to every other day. I don't blame them for doing this as passenger loads are obviously hard to predict. But every change necessitates an one-hour phone call with United.

Are there any ET veterans who would have suggestions on which flights are least likely to be cancelled? Right now, we are flying FRA-ADD-LUN on the outbound, and LUN-ADD-FCO (Rome) on the return. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If it's one week out, chances are the flight will operate as scheduled.
alanjudy and Goaguy like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA UGS/1K
Thanks, Palal . I guess I'll just keep looking every day
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I agree with Palal. I honestly would not be worried.
Only issue would be if some government regulations/restrictions would come into place with short notice, but most places covid now in on a downtrend.
FRA is probably the busiest of all of ET's European routes, that one I wouldn't be worried about. Especially now that LH isn't flying that route.
Also note that ET makes lots of money on cargo, so they may keep routes with few passengers just to serve cargo.
alanjudy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.