Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck in the US after flying with RJ

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Stuck in the US after flying with RJ

I booked a roundtrip for a relative AMM-ORD back in March and now they have been stuck in the US...the ticket costed $900 but now if you want to book any one way trip back to AMM it will be another 900 or so...RJ has been unhelpful. Tried to charge back the credit card and although they gave me temporary credit (who knows if it will be permanent), it’s only $450 because they presumed that half of the Merchandise was provided...any help or suggestions?
Old May 14, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You need to provide some details:
when did you booked the ticket?
what where the travelling dates?

Per RJ website they do allow flexibility at the moment, however they have stopped flying until May 25th.
Old May 14, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
You need to provide some details:
when did you booked the ticket?
what where the travelling dates?

Per RJ website they do allow flexibility at the moment, however they have stopped flying until May 25th.
Sure...was booked back in December.
From AMM to ORD early March (which was flown)
From ORD to AMM late March (which was canceled, rebooked again for April and was canceled again
Voucher won’t cut it because one way ticket for return will be very expensive
Old May 14, 2020, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If OP has initiated a chargeback and has been issued a temporary credit, the remainder of the ticket is now cancelled. Thus, he is starting anew and the question is how to get from ORD to AMM on any carrier, presumably for as little as possible.

To do that, I would look at all connection points, not necessarily on RJ and price those out. In addition to single connections, take a look at connecting both in the US and Europe. Although not adviseable generally and there may be visa or quarantine issues depending on your citizenship and where you connect, if you put it all on a spreadsheet and sort by price, you may come up with a decent deal.

Last edited by Often1; May 14, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Old May 16, 2020, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Sure...was booked back in December.
From AMM to ORD early March (which was flown)
From ORD to AMM late March (which was canceled, rebooked again for April and was canceled again
Voucher won’t cut it because one way ticket for return will be very expensive
Given that this is a partially flown itinerary, (in virtue of a voucher and historical pricing) shouldn't a potential return flight for ORD-AMM be priced the same as ~half a roundtrip instead of being priced as a oneway?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Wonder if anyone was able to get refund from RJ...this airline sucks...they refused to issue refund and only credit exclusive to the person whose flight got canceled...The dispute with credit card has been for over 3 months with no success so far...I even filed a complaint to DOT
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Wonder if anyone was able to get refund from RJ...this airline sucks...they refused to issue refund and only credit exclusive to the person whose flight got canceled...The dispute with credit card has been for over 3 months with no success so far...I even filed a complaint to DOT
RJ are offering to allow you to put the credit in another family members name - not sure if that helps though.

I also have noticed that RJ takes MONTHS to reply to emails about getting a voucher. (literally, 2 months).

I have submitted a chargeback with the credit card provider and that is working through the system (I sent copies of the conditions of carriage from the time of booking pertaining to involuntary cancellations as evidence, plus proof of cancellation). This process can take 90 days from the time the bank submits the chargeback (not when you request the bank to do so). In my experience there was a few months between me submitting a chargeback request and the bank filing it.

Travel insurer has agreed to pay out for about 95% of the cost (the remainder been the difference in exchange rates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.