Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Addis Ababa Airport's New Terminal 2 Extension & Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
International:
Platinum Lounge

Domestic:
Domestic Lounge
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:55 am
Original Poster

So apparently the new extension of ADD Airport T2 is now fully operational? I'm wondering if there are/will be new lounges in the new extension part or still the same as the old ones. I'll be flying with ET in April and will be eligible to Star Alliance Gold Lounge; curious to know if there is any improvement.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm wondering too and I'm flying ET in a couple of weeks or so, VIE-ADD-EBB. Will I be using the new terminal?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Yes, i saw that ET on their Facebook page this week showed something about "Live inaugural of the new terminal", though no pictures. Same place you saw this?
However this makes no sense, last time I was there (14 days ago) the whole thing was still one big construction zone when looking from outside?
Mrs. is passing through ADD this weekend, will report back if they have opened..
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://constructionreviewonline.com...hub-in-africa/
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Goaguy
Yes, i saw that ET on their Facebook page this week showed something about "Live inaugural of the new terminal", though no pictures. Same place you saw this?
However this makes no sense, last time I was there (14 days ago) the whole thing was still one big construction zone when looking from outside?
Mrs. is passing through ADD this weekend, will report back if they have opened..
Please do - I'm also through there in a couple of weeks, and would like to hear [stimpy, Mon 11th early or Thursday 14th late?]
Goaguy likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: ShebaMiles Blue, Skywards Blue
The project is still not complete. It was a weird "inauguration" (I believe to coincide with the opening of their new transit hotel). As someone who was in Addis just 2 weeks ago, I can assure you that it will not be fully operational for at least another 3-4 months. The new bus gates and 3 extra jet bridge gates on the eastern side are operational; however, those were in use for the past 2 months or so.

Nothing really new or drastically different as of now..
sushimaru and Goaguy like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ET359
The project is still not complete. It was a weird "inauguration" (I believe to coincide with the opening of their new transit hotel). As someone who was in Addis just 2 weeks ago, I can assure you that it will not be fully operational for at least another 3-4 months. The new bus gates and 3 extra jet bridge gates on the eastern side are operational; however, those were in use for the past 2 months or so.

Nothing really new or drastically different as of now..
We will be transiting through ADD in June. It sounds like we will have the full facilities available by that time. Looking forward to seeing it.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:12 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Goaguy
Likewise I was there about the same time as you. It was a big mess. Traffic was backing up iheavily n the day with people struggling to get into the car park so our hotel suggested leaving at 2100 for a 0120 flight! (Its 15 minutes normally). We left at 2300 eventually with no problem. I wonder if QR will finally leave the Domestic terminal.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:24 am

Wifey reported that everything is as usual in ADD. No new terminal in use.
sushimaru likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did the transit today. I was told the lounge was airside and I'd have to go through security to get back in. I saw no signs for any lounge and gave up trying to find it.

Lots of construction debris all over.
sushimaru likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Is there any update? I fly through there twice in the next couple of weeks.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by MQS007
Is there any update? I fly through there twice in the next couple of weeks.
Was there earlier this week, everything is as usual.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:18 am

A few pictures of what the new terminal looks like today. Definitely improvements over the past weeks, but doesn't exactly look like it is ready to open tomorrow.

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
My wife and I will be transiting at ADD in late June. Looking forward to the new terminal. Hopefully fully open by then.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Picture from this morning taken by Mrs. Seems they have started using the gates in the new terminal, though not fully opened yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.