Search

Oman Air lounge in MXP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Oman Air lounge in MXP

Hi all,
Is anyone familiar with what lounge WY uses in MXP? I am flying in J, and was also wondering if it's possible to guest someone else in as well.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Business class wouldn't normally allow a guest, but Sindbad gold would. They will status match within a day or two if you have status elsewhere.
oh_lol likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Oman Air passengers can access to Sala Montale lounge, a 3rd party lounge located at non Schengen area gates B North satellite. Montale lounge is the best of 3rd party lounges at MXP, quite nice even nothing memorable, plenty of room and seats with ample windows, wide choice of snacks but very little hot food at least in the morning. By comparison, Casa Alitalia and Emirates lounge are better for food.
As mentioned above you can access with a guest if you are Sindbad Gold member, alternatively you can buy an access to the lounge for 39 Euros, access can be even purchased online.
oh_lol likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Oman Air passengers can access to Sala Montale lounge, a 3rd party lounge located at non Schengen area gates B North satellite. Montale lounge is the best of 3rd party lounges at MXP, quite nice even nothing memorable, plenty of room and seats with ample windows, wide choice of snacks but very little hot food at least in the morning. By comparison, Casa Alitalia and Emirates lounge are better for food.
As mentioned above you can access with a guest if you are Sindbad Gold member, alternatively you can buy an access to the lounge for 39 Euros, access can be even purchased online.
Some great info as I will be departing from MXP next month. Can you confirm that showers are available but at a cost? I've heard that some lounges waive the cost depending on the airline your travelling with.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by pweekes
Some great info as I will be departing from MXP next month. Can you confirm that showers are available but at a cost? I've heard that some lounges waive the cost depending on the airline your travelling with.
Sorry, never checked about showers as MXP for me is a departure point and not a transit, also read some reviews stating showers cost around 16 Euros, no idea if any airline is waiving the cost.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by pweekes
As of last week showers are available but there is a fee of EUR 16 for Oman Air customers. Apart from that the lounge is quite nice with a good selection of Italian sandwiches and cake s and even a decent airpron view.
​​​​​​​

Oman Air MXP lounge sandwich spread
oh_lol likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Thanks for the information. Looks like an OK lounge. I'll have to tell my partner to book an earlier flight so she doesn't need to worry about lounge access. We're departing same airport, but different airlines and classes
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
I frequently depart MXP on WY and concur that the lounge is the best third-party lounge at MXP, however that doesn't say much. Around the evening time for the WY departure there are the standard sandwiches, salads, cheeses, prosciutto etc and some packaged snacks and usually just one or two hot dishes. The shower can be used for a fee and there is a nice quiet lounge with loungers facing the apron at the back end which is usually empty. It's great for a quick dropin and drink but I wouldn't spend hours there or even pay for it.
oh_lol likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by HKprince
I frequently depart MXP on WY and concur that the lounge is the best third-party lounge at MXP, however that doesn't say much. Around the evening time for the WY departure there are the standard sandwiches, salads, cheeses, prosciutto etc and some packaged snacks and usually just one or two hot dishes. The shower can be used for a fee and there is a nice quiet lounge with loungers facing the apron at the back end which is usually empty. It's great for a quick dropin and drink but I wouldn't spend hours there or even pay for it.
Thanks for the description. It's a shame about having to pay for showers. It would have been nice to freshen up before our late departure and overnight flight. We'll weigh up the cost versus comfort on the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.