Wiki Posts
Search

ET EWR to ADD schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

ET EWR to ADD schedule change

Hi Experts

I had an award flight using UA miles from EWR to ADD to JNB have a schedule change overnight. Instead of departing on November 15th it is now November 16th.

I called ET to see what happened and they said they cancelled the flight on 11/15/18 and are only flying EWR to ADD route on Friday's and Sunday's.

Was wondering if anyone had more information or if this is possibly a case of a misinformed agent. Since I used UA miles I am not sure if there is anything else ET can do for me and I am assuming my only recourse is with United.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
If it's ET's change, you can accept the new flight, get your miles refunded, or work with United Mileageplus to get the routing you wish.

Here's EF:
Effective 07/27/18 until 11/02/18Frequency: T,Th,F,SuDuration: 16 hrs 55 mins
ET 509EWR 9:15 PM → ADD 9:10 PM +1Stops: 1Aircraft: 788

Perhaps see if you can see if EWR-YYZ-ADD, or EWR-ORD-ADD, or EWR-ORD-ADD are available.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
I had an award flight using UA miles from EWR to ADD to JNB have a schedule change overnight. Instead of departing on November 15th it is now November 16th.
I believe the flights via Abidjan are now rescheduled to depart from Newark a few minutes after midnight, hence the date change. The actual schedule change is actually only a few hours.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I believe the flights via Abidjan are now rescheduled to depart from Newark a few minutes after midnight, hence the date change. The actual schedule change is actually only a few hours.
The OP was not booked on a flight stopping at ABJ. He was booked on ET509 stopping at LFW.

ET's website does not show any flight from EWR to ADD for 15 November (at least nothing you can book). It shows ET509 for 16 November on its originally scheduled times.
B747-437B likes this.

Last edited by cheltzel; Aug 9, 2018 at 5:17 am Reason: update response
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Correct. My only options were EWR to ADD via LFW (ET 509) on 11/15.

Nothing else as an option according to United.

Will continue to monitor, hope something becomes available and then ask United to change to that flight. In the meantime, I accepted the change to the 11/16 flight as of now.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:17 pm

Correct. My only options were EWR to ADD via LFW (ET 509) on 11/15.

Nothing else as an option according to United.

Will continue to monitor, hope something becomes available and then ask United to change to that flight. In the meantime, I accepted the change to the 11/16 flight as of now.
I see coach awards for Nov 15 for both EWR-JNB and JFK-JNB on the UA award site. Was your original award in business class? If so I would take whatever you can get for right now (accept the change on UA if that is what it takes). Then start checking every day as you get within a week or so of your departure date, You will likely be able to book either LH or LX from NYC-JNB in business at that time. It will cost you close in booking fees but at least you will have a decent business class.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
You can probably convince UA to open space on their metal EWR-FRA/LHR/DUB/etc. and connect to ET from there, if there is available inventory on your original date.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was booked in I class that is why they are having a tough time accomadating me.

They are willing to open space on UA metal flights to Europe but no onward connections are available in business. I will continue to monitor and pay the close in fee if something ideal opens up.

Which European route will give us the best business class product in your opinion?

For our return flight I was able to get jnb to jfk direct on SA. Heard the product isn't great, but cuts the journey home by 10 hours
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
ET should be willing to open space from Europe to your final destination. Give them a call and ask them to add LHR-ADD or FRA-ADD to your PNR, and then call UA and have them reissue it with UA TATL and ET from there onward.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:59 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was booked in I class that is why they are having a tough time accomadating me.

They are willing to open space on UA metal flights to Europe but no onward connections are available in business. I will continue to monitor and pay the close in fee if something ideal opens up.

Which European route will give us the best business class product in your opinion?

For our return flight I was able to get jnb to jfk direct on SA. Heard the product isn't great, but cuts the journey home by 10 hours
I found some ET business award space that may work for you. You may have to purchase a cheap positioning flight if you can;t get UA to work it in. Check your PMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.