Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Casablanca (CMN) customs clearance arriving on Royal Air Morac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casablanca (CMN) customs clearance arriving on Royal Air Morac

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Casablanca (CMN) customs clearance arriving on Royal Air Maroc

My spouse and I have an upcoming trip to Morocco and will be arriving in Casablanca from Europe, on an evening Royal Air Maroc flight. We are frequent flyers, but have never visited Morocco or used Royal Air Maroc before. We are staying overnight in Casablanca. We have seen recommendations about using https://fasttrack-casablanca.com/ to simplify the arrival process. Has anyone here used the service and is the benefit worth the cost? Any other tips or recommendations when arriving in CMN for the first time would be appreciated.

Last edited by YYC traveler; Mar 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm Reason: Typo in title
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I flew into RAK on U2, so pretty different, but I guess this is the best you'll get for now. Morocco has a landing card, but they weren't distributed on the plane. If you don't get the card, try to get off as fast as you can and grab one. Complete it as fast as possible (while in line if you have to). Immigration is closer to EU style in the sense that you're not really asked any questions. they take your landing card, scan your passport, etc, then stamp it. Then in RAK there was a guy at the exit from immigration who just checked for the stamp in your passport lol. Then baggage claim, and customs is again a red/green lane thing
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Thanks for the reply. Sounds equivalent to some of our visits to various Caribbean islands, although I'd expect there are more passengers involved as the CMN airport is bigger.

Do you recall roughly how long it took from deplaning until clearing customs? Trying to pre-arrange local ground pickup.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
Thanks for the reply. Sounds equivalent to some of our visits to various Caribbean islands, although I'd expect there are more passengers involved as the CMN airport is bigger.

Do you recall roughly how long it took from deplaning until clearing customs? Trying to pre-arrange local ground pickup.
I'm a fast walker, and I filled out the form while in the line (which was nonexistent). Looking at my messages, it looks like I was scheduled to land at 4:30 and got out of immigration and customs (no luggage) at 4:41 lol. But I've read reports that it can take hours. So I can't say, to be honest
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:48 am
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
about a month ago (June 21) i flew into CMN on Alitalia. no landing cards on the plane. there had to be 4-500 ppl in the arrival hall with only 2 passport guys working. they were questioning EVERYONE.

1.5 hours in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.