Wiki Posts
Search

Al Fursan Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Al Fursan Miles

Dear,

If you have economy class ticket need to upgrade to business class using miles, How many point add to avail business class from saudis airlines?

thanks
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by vingster
If you have economy class ticket need to upgrade to business class using miles, How many point add to avail business class from saudis airlines?
It depends on the route and your fare. The table is on the Saudia website.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:05 pm

Hi, I would like to book the saudia flight businessclass ist-cgk. Is it possible to get flying blue miles for that or only the alfursan miles?
If I can get flying blue miles, do I need to request them with the 'claim missing miles' tool at the flyingblue site?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by joostf
Hi, I would like to book the saudia flight businessclass ist-cgk. Is it possible to get flying blue miles for that or only the alfursan miles?
If I can get flying blue miles, do I need to request them with the 'claim missing miles' tool at the flyingblue site?
If you book on Saudia's website, you can simply add your Flying Blue number under "Passenger Information".
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well finally I have used up those remaining Saudia miles. I had 47,000 left over so bought 3,000 for about EUR85 and turned 50,000 in for a round trip to Dubai in September. There were EUR127 worth of taxes in addition to pay. Probably not the best deal but better than losing them. Plus I chose a 5-day period when I can pretty much guarantee I am free and won’t have to try and change it.

I made a point of keeping the whole trip on Saudia metal, with no partner airlines in the mix. Most points of departure have an Air France segment in the itinerary, as the system mostly pushes you through Paris CDG and onto SV from there. I found that both CDG and MXP had decent options on SV metal all the way and both are easy and cheap enough to reach from Germany or Switzerland. I chose CDG because the flight leaves later, giving me more options to reach Paris that same day.

Furthermore, I made a point of choosing transfers with reasonable times, less than 4 hours, avoiding the overnight stop offered on many connections. There’s no way you can immigrate for an overnight hotel stop and there is not much in the way of lounge access using Priority Pass in Saudi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.