Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Air Arabia Maroc experiences recently?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any Air Arabia Maroc experiences recently?

I am planning to go to Morocco in November and it seems that Air Arabia Maroc is the most efficient airline to get around the different cities, and from RAK back to Europe for my returning flight on AA.

I'm expecting basically the Ryanair of Morocco, but I can't seem to find a whole lot about the flight experience, so any experiences would be appreciated!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Hey krazykanuck, did you end up flying on Air Arabia Maroc? If so, how was it?

Otherwise, I'll consider this a thread bump to see if anyone else has any recent experiences as I am considering 3O for an upcoming trip TNG-BCN.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Hey krazykanuck, did you end up flying on Air Arabia Maroc? If so, how was it?

Otherwise, I'll consider this a thread bump to see if anyone else has any recent experiences as I am considering 3O for an upcoming trip TNG-BCN.
I've flown air Arabia Marco a few times , it's standard low cost..similar to ryanair although not as packed in sardine style
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I've flown air Arabia Marco a few times , it's standard low cost..similar to ryanair although not as packed in sardine style
Ryanair has more legroom than BA
Air Arabia is 31", FR is 30"
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Thanks for the info!

Is Air Arabia also like Ryanair where you are allowed a personal item (backpack) and a standard carry-on suitcase, provided that the combined weight doesn't exceed 10 kg? The website isn't too clear on this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates? It's a one hour non stop 3pm flight from FEZ to RAK on Air Arabia Maroc, it's a 6 hour journey (including a 4 hour connection) leaving at 6AM on Royal Air Maroc.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any updates? It's a one hour non stop 3pm flight from FEZ to RAK on Air Arabia Maroc, it's a 6 hour journey (including a 4 hour connection) leaving at 6AM on Royal Air Maroc.
I did end up flying 3O in May, and it really wasn't too bad of an airline. Onboard, I actually found the seat comfort to be better than many US airlines. The crew was good, responding to an onboard emergency appropriately.

The only negative thing I have to say is their on-time rate for flights later in the day is generally poor because the aircraft operate tight turns. Same as most LCCs I guess.

I will say, I came in with low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.

Are you looking for feedback about a specific thing?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
Just did a couple of segments on Air Arabia Maroc in the last week from RAK to FEZ and back. Overall a good experience as the flights were on time, luggage was delivered without issue, the planes were in good condition, and the cost was reasonable. Also, it was way faster than the alternatives between the 2 cities.

i was not able to do online check-in, had to pay some excess baggage fees, and it was not possible to get a flight status before going to the airport. all of this was a bit odd, but the flights themselves turned out fine. would fly them again in similar circumstances.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by introspection
Just did a couple of segments on Air Arabia Maroc in the last week from RAK to FEZ and back. Overall a good experience as the flights were on time, luggage was delivered without issue, the planes were in good condition, and the cost was reasonable. Also, it was way faster than the alternatives between the 2 cities.

i was not able to do online check-in, had to pay some excess baggage fees, and it was not possible to get a flight status before going to the airport. all of this was a bit odd, but the flights themselves turned out fine. would fly them again in similar circumstances.
Thanks for your feedback.
I will be flying these guys in Feb on the FEZ-RAK route.
Note that this flight is only available 5 days a week (not on thurs or fri). I had to cut back my stay in Fes because of this as I wasn't aware initially.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Nizar
Thanks for your feedback.
I will be flying these guys in Feb on the FEZ-RAK route.
Note that this flight is only available 5 days a week (not on thurs or fri). I had to cut back my stay in Fes because of this as I wasn't aware initially.
I’m doing the same, but in reverse. I actually booked the classic fare to have a checked bag and sandwich on board. Still, I’m worried if they’re super serious w weighing bags at checkin and the gate. As an American, it’s a standard carry on full
of clothes. Just not used to the cheap approach of charging for everything. A bit nervous, but will
update here .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.