Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Transit Visa Question in AMM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Explorist Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive Elite, UA Silver
Help with Transit Visa Question in AMM

Hi All,

I am arriving in AMM on RJ from LHR at 22:00 and leave at 19:00 the next day on Egyptian Air to Cairo. I already have a room booked at the Airport Hotel and a day trip to Petra. My question is do I qualify for the Zuwar (transit) visa for free? I am a US citizen.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:42 pm

You should have looked here! Since you only have one night planned in Jordan, it looks like you'll have to pay for your visa...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Mariott Gold
Why wouldn't this qualify for the 24 hours transit visa? I don't see it mentioned in the link that @KLouis referenced, but there are multiple references to the 24 hour transit visa online on other websites. I'm in the same boat - wondering if I will qualify for the 24 hour or will I have to buy the single entry. @talltoddtravels, let me know how it goes for you.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:11 am

The link provided mentions: The visa fee is waived on the condition that the traveler/travelers spend a minimum of two consecutive nights in Jordan. OP was planning on spending one night only. As to your mentioning other sites, the one I linked to is the Jordan Tourism Board, thus it's as official as possible. I'd rather act according to that than to what's written in pther boards.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Explorist Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive Elite, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadianjennifer
Why wouldn't this qualify for the 24 hours transit visa? I don't see it mentioned in the link that @KLouis referenced, but there are multiple references to the 24 hour transit visa online on other websites. I'm in the same boat - wondering if I will qualify for the 24 hour or will I have to buy the single entry. @talltoddtravels, let me know how it goes for you.
canadianjennifer I ending up having to buy the visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.