Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Considering booking Royal Air Maroc JFK-CMN but reviews online are mostly horrible. Has anyone flown this route in the last year with better experience (on the Dreamliner)?

On the way back, there is actually a very nice connection RAK-CMN-JFK but with the horrible reviews on frequent delays, cancellations and no help from the airline on rebooking, I'm thinking just using the train instead from RAK-CMN to eliminate the risk of missing the international connection.

Also thinking of not checking in luggage to avoid lost bags.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will appreciate any recent experience.

Leaving from JFK to Morocco and trying to maximize time in Morocco so this seems the shortest route (if it goes as scheduled) instead of going thru a hub in Europe.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:12 pm
soy

Programs: various
Not this route, but One mile at a time blog had a review of their new 787 about a week ago. Might be useful for you
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by carcassone
Considering booking Royal Air Maroc JFK-CMN but reviews online are mostly horrible. Has anyone flown this route in the last year with better experience (on the Dreamliner)?

On the way back, there is actually a very nice connection RAK-CMN-JFK but with the horrible reviews on frequent delays, cancellations and no help from the airline on rebooking, I'm thinking just using the train instead from RAK-CMN to eliminate the risk of missing the international connection.

Also thinking of not checking in luggage to avoid lost bags.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will appreciate any recent experience.

Leaving from JFK to Morocco and trying to maximize time in Morocco so this seems the shortest route (if it goes as scheduled) instead of going thru a hub in Europe.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've flown this route many times over the last year. It's usually on-time, the plane is a dreamliner and modern. The airport has a recent upgrade with good wifi. Not a bad route these days.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...lles/90346550/

RAM's new product looks great, the article is very encouraging!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.