Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Handwritten boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Had a handwritten one at PSKOV Airport (Russia) this summer when flying PKV-LED on AN-24. There are only 2 flights per day : one to LED and one to DME. The gate agent is the same person who checked you in. Despite this ETKT is available on the flight and seems that they just cheapened out on the printer (can't blame them as a printer in Pskov would be an unnesesary cost).
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Handwritten BPs for most internal flights in Myanmar as well.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Handwritten BPs for most internal flights in Myanmar as well.
Indeed.

As I can confirm from personal experience around January last year.

And just after the security procedure, my boarding pass was cross-checked against a totally-handwritten pax manifest.

It's strangely refreshing to see reminders of 'the old days' hanging on in some parts of the world...... ........ the days when travelling by air was considered something special.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I was connecting at MADrid a few months ago and when I aproached the gate about 90 minutes before the flight to get a BP and a better seat assignment (than OLCI) they gave me a PNR printout printed on the same printer that they use for manifest printing and wrote BOARDING PASS on top.

The IB lounge and crew on board were ....let's just say they were surprised as the former could not immidiately see my status and class of travel and the latter could not see my seat number.

My friend received a hand written priority tag when RJ just started CGK route and they did not deliver the tags from Amman yet...well,I mean they at least tried to do something about it LOL.

Had a handwritten one at PSKOV Airport (Russia) this summer when flying PKV-LED on AN-24. There are only 2 flights per day : one to LED and one to DME. The gate agent is the same person who checked you in. Despite this ETKT is available on the flight and seems that they just cheapened out on the printer (can't blame them as a printer in Pskov would be an unnesesary cost).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.