Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ET (Ethiopian) cash upgrades at YYZ or ADD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Question ET (Ethiopian) cash upgrades at YYZ or ADD

Is anybody aware of the possibility to upgrade for cash to business class when flying YYZ-ADD and return? Information on upgrades on departures from other North American stations would also be helpful. Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
When did this airline start flying to YYZ?? It does not show this on their route map.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 9, 2012 at 7:08 am
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
When did this airline start flying to YYZ?? It does not show this on their route map.
Well, you prompted me to look into this... Apparently they started around mid-July of this year: http://twitter.com/TorontoPearson/st...93518228979712
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually that is good to know as they do fly into BKK but would be nice if they flew into SIN as well. So they also have discounted Business fares, but was not able to find any on their site, only regular Business fares available.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Found this in their FAQ's:

http://www.ethiopianairlines.it/en/faq/

I would like to travel in your business class (C-9) but I hold an economy class ticket. How do I do?

A promotion is available: you can purchase an upgrade to business class (subject to space availability) at the airport. The cost for the Rome-Addis Ababa route is € 300. For other sectors and more information please contact our booking offices.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by blue2002
Is anybody aware of the possibility to upgrade for cash to business class when flying YYZ-ADD and return? Information on upgrades on departures from other North American stations would also be helpful. Thanks.
Does anyone have experience of cash upgrade at either YYZ or ADD. Neither are my first airport of departure so I would already be checked in elsewhere when I get to YYZ or ADD.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:58 pm

Pulling up an old thread here, but does anyone else know of cash upgrade options from Canada or US?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
No recent info, but flew had a ticket in Y LHR-ADD-FCO-LHR a few years ago.

I asked re cash upgrades at check-in at both airports and was directed to a separate counter - price was pretty decent and upgraded to J in both directions.

While this doesn't answer the question, they certainly were in this business a few years ago and this was easy to arrange both at Heathrow as well as ADD Bole airport.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Does anyone have any recent experience regarding cash upgrades on ET?

Any route / price examples would beappreciated.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Does anyone have any recent experience regarding cash upgrades on ET?

Any route / price examples would beappreciated.
Anyone? Anyone?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How are the load factors out of YYZ? And does ET do operational upgrades if Y class is oversold?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
And does ET do operational upgrades if Y class is oversold?
Yes, same as almost all airlines.(I can't vouch for the YYZ-ADD in particular, but have seen op-ups on other routes)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, same as almost all airlines.(I can't vouch for the YYZ-ADD in particular, but have seen op-ups on other routes)
Thank you was trying to book for my niece, YYZ-SIN.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Any knowledge on the pecking order for op ups on Ethiopian? Do gate agents have any flexibility?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by vytas315
Any knowledge on the pecking order for op ups on Ethiopian? Do gate agents have any flexibility?
In Addis they go with ET*G first and then other *G and ET*S. The system is pretty automated so you'll see the change in your mobile boarding pass immediately if you get one.

At outstations, they usually pick the friends of the station manager ahead of any status passengers.

I've had dozens of upgrades departing from Addis as *G but only one from an outstation, and that was because I knew the station manager. Unfortunately the flight then got delayed due to tech reasons and I wound up being rerouted on TK (in Economy) instead!
vytas315 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.