Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The RJ experience - unbelievable.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:21 pm

I have flown with RJ 6 times in J and every time it was good. I am assuming that passenger that was reclining and wasn't bothered is one of the marshals. You gotta understand that they fly the whole route and do not disembark.

On a side note, do not be horrified. Wait till you fly in a private jet. I once had my tea served on final approach, while half of the crew were in the galley, some passengers in the aisles smoking and a chap in the toilettes for a quickie.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I did RJ BKK-AMM-DXB in J last Nov (roughly 12:30am departure), joining after the initial HKG-BKK segment. I was the only new J pax to board, and found the cabin to be generally in disarray, though to some extent that had to do with the fact it was full. My seat, however, had been used on the first leg, with a used pillow/blanket on it and still reclined. The FAs were, for some reason, confused at this and it took them a little while to come back with fresh amenities.

That being said, it was one of the most comfortable non-lie flats I have ever been in. I was out cold most of the flight.

The lounge in AMM was fairly nice, with the exception of the bathrooms which were quite dumpy, pun intended.

Flight AMM-DXB was very nice though, the regional J seats are some of the best I've ever experienced. Food was great, service was great. I would absolutely fly them again and treat the hiccup in BKK as an anomaly.

And not use the bathrooms in AMM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I just did a Qantas/Royal Jordanian J SYD-BEY-SYD.

Forward leg was transfer in BKK and return in HKG. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to First Class on the QF sectors.

RJ definately lack professionalism. They are however, very friendly and eager to serve. The old style silver service is a great treat too when you can choose from all the mains and have a bit of each rather than order a dish from menu and thats it. The seats are terrible and I didnt like them at all in J class.

The toilets in AMM are disggusting esp the male disabled toilet!
The air marshals are a bit OTT starring you down each time you go to the forward lav. I scored a dirt cheap D class fare and coupled with the QF F sectors this was great value fare to Beirut. I would not fly RJ at C or J fare level- not worth it.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:39 pm

CJ glad to hear again from you. Did you book this a single fare? Because if not, I know OW to you means a lot but from BKK you could have taken EK/QR/EY (even TK or MS for that ride on the wild side).

Seriously though on BKK-BEY nothing beats EK.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Talking

Originally Posted by edy4eva
CJ glad to hear again from you. Did you book this a single fare? Because if not, I know OW to you means a lot but from BKK you could have taken EK/QR/EY (even TK or MS for that ride on the wild side).

Seriously though on BKK-BEY nothing beats EK.
Hey Edy!
You know me well - Oneworld or bust ...EY, EK overrated for fare payed, QR-I dont support dictatorship style carriers...TK, no interest and MS are you KIDDING??

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jan 22, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.