Wiki Posts
Search

Cairo stopover programme on Egypt Air?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:45 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by imoto
I just flew with Egypt Air in Dec 2013. I had a 9.5 hour layover. I had called the airport office (+20 111 437 4369) beforehand and they told me I didnt need to make any reservation for the tour. When I arrived, I went to the egypt air/Karnak tour desk in Terminal 3 (they are right next to each other). They took my passport and organized a tour + hotel room. I originally had given them $60, but the attendant later gave me $25 back. They said the price depends on how many people do the tour. Since a lot of people were on the tour, we only had to pay $35. They kept the passport and we went through immigration and to the pyramids and sphinx. Then we went to the oil/perfume shop and after the hotel where we were able to shower and eat a really good meal. Then we went back to the airport where we got our passports back. Was really great!
How much did the tour grant at each stop on the itinerary? For example, one hour at the Pyramids, four at the perfume shop? I've always been wary of joining these tours (nothing against the shops, but I don't really travel to shop for non-food items), but knowing how the schedule played out could be helpful.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:54 pm

overnight in cairo

so everyone is referring to these as day rooms? does this mean we are only given the room for a few hours? I am considering booking a flight from jfk - tlv with a 21 hour layover in cairo. I will be flying ny-cairo with EgyptAir and cairo-tlv with AirSinai which is apparently a sub-company of EgyptAir. The thing is I would be getting into cairo at 11:15am saturday and my flight out wont be leaving until 9am sunday.. is it possible to get the free room for the whole night? Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:02 pm

Are these perks available for those flying on star alliance tickets?

I fly IST-CAI on TK, and then CAI-DXB in MS.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:09 pm

I have a 15 hour layover in Cairo. Coming in on J with MS leaving on J with TK.
5:25 am-8 pm.
I booked this on a United Award ticket. Does the tour/hotel still apply you reckon?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ft531
Are these perks available for those flying on star alliance tickets?

I fly IST-CAI on TK, and then CAI-DXB in MS.
In my experience - and I have used the free hotel numerous times in the last 24 months - it only works if you are booked on MS for both flight. It also works with codeshare flights, i.e. LH flights booked under a MS code.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:52 am

Is it A bad idea To enter egypt for a tour of the pyramids tomorrow. I am from USA. Thoughts?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:36 am

Update. I flew MS from KUL to CAI on J and had 15 hour layover before departing on TK in J. I was told no for the hotel. Frustrating. I did the tour. Cost was 75$.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi all,

I have about a 17 hour layover in December - coming in from YYZ and continuing on to BKK on EgyptAir. Sitting in Business in both and I'm *G.

I've read through this thread, but still a little confused. It appears some people are entitled to a hotel room, others are entitled to a tour? Can anyone elaborate?

We're planning on doing a tour of the pyramids and more if possible.

Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 1:52 pm

If accommodation is provided in cairo?

I will be flying from Mumbai to Hungary by Egypt Air Flight in the last week of August 2013 and have stop over of 23 hours at the Cairo Airport. Do they provide you accommodation ?

Any recent Experiences ? Please share .
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: AC
Transit hotel is still there but the process is not for the faint of heart:
5am arrived at the counter (airside) and surrendered the passports
7am got the vouchers and passed the passport check
8am at the hotel waiting
9am finally in the room

For our 18hr layover from YYZ to BKK the pain was worth it, not sure if I'd do it for shorter stops. The hotel was Le Passage (with full meals). They also use Baron and Novotel, asked about Fairmont and was given a quick no.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by TelFunku
They also use Baron
If you are given the choice of Baron or sleeping on the airport floor, I'd pick the latter in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
are MS flights on US award eligible for the hotel?

I am wondering if I have two MS flights connecting at CAI, but on a US award ticket, is that possible to take the free hotel?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by zig2
I am wondering if I have two MS flights connecting at CAI, but on a US award ticket, is that possible to take the free hotel?
Yes
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:15 pm

Hello guys ! I have a question if somebody can help me
Im doing a connexion of 4 houres in cairo airport soone at terminal3.
I have the egyptian nationality , is it possible to go out the airport for an hour ( staying in thr airport but outside) to see a friend? Or do you thing they wont accept thank you
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold
I don't see any reason why you couldn't. Only issue is that if its during the curfew times, your friend might have difficulty reaching you. Other than that you should be able to go through passport control then back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.