Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Where my Delta Hotel peeps at? (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K

Am I the only one on this site who stays @ Delta? Just hit Platinum and was curious what your upgrade success/exceptional service stories are? Please share
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Stay at delta as well, haven't hit platinum this year yet though
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:33 am

i have been Plat and then Plat+ for a few years now. upgrade is usually club room. you could request suites as well.

the best upgrade i ever had was at delta pine vista where i paid for a delta room and got a 2 bedroom villa. this hotel/resort is no longer with delta.

at RockyCrest, got a 2 bedroom loft as an upgrade. got 2bedroom suite at Grandview resort, it was HUGE

with P+, you can get confirmed upgrade at the time of reservation.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:29 pm

First couple of stays at Delta this weekend. The program doesn;t look that great. No free hotel night stays. I am used to PC were you get tonnes of free hotel stays.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:58 am

Delta Hotel Canada

OK, I have mostly been a lurker in the shadows, but today I'll comment.

I use Delta Hotels when I can, and have found them to be great. I had a bad service experience once and complained at the front desk; they admitted the error and since then have taken care of me exceptionally well at that hotel (14 stays later).

The hotels are in reasonable condition, the service is pretty good, and the staff are nice/heplful. The program is a good one and I intend to stick with it.

One recomendation: if you have to stay in the Sydney NS hotel, then book ahead as it can often fill up.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Delta is not that popular I find.....but I started using them when the Holiday Inn Sault Ste Marie Ontario dropped IHG, went independant, and came back to Delta with a much needed and very nice reno. So now its the best hotel in SSM. Since then I've tried the Muskoka Grandview & London Armory and find Delta a nice change from my regular IHG/Starwood spots
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I like the Delta Hotels and stay with them in Canada. Currently a Platinum Plus member and with my corporate rate I get some really good deals. Free parking, great upgrades, free breakfast etc, 1,500 AP per stay. No free rooms, but nice upgrades and benefits, free net, free calls, welcome food gift.

Delta Bessbrough in Saskatoon, great staff, nice hotel along with the London Armories is also a great property. Delta Chelsea in Toronto is the worse Delta along with the Kitchener Delta thus far and I have been to 26 of the 44 properties. I average between 20 to 30 stays a year at Delta’s a year!

Sometime you get bad staff and bad stays. Delta Airport West is also hit and miss! But what hotel is always 100%?

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Jun 9, 2010 at 10:27 pm
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: amex
Any good shareable corporate rates out there?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:21 am

Anyone have stay feedback on ....ie service, clean, parking issues, etc

Delta Quebec City
Delta Ottawa
Delta Sydney NS
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, IHG PC Platinum, Delta Hotels Platinum Plus, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Anyone have stay feedback on ....ie service, clean, parking issues, etc

Delta Quebec City
Delta Ottawa
Delta Sydney NS
Delta QC has a year-round outdoor heated pool. In winter you swim under a curtain from the indoor side. Kinda neat when it's snowing outside!

Delta Ottawa (like the Radisson and the Crowne Plaza) is looking a little tired and in need of a refurb. Still the best of those 3 in Ottawa. Parking garage was under construction in July and probably still is. Very challenging for larger vehicles.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, IHG PC Platinum, Delta Hotels Platinum Plus, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I like the Delta Hotels and stay with them in Canada. Currently a Platinum Plus member and with my corporate rate I get some really good deals. Free parking, great upgrades, free breakfast etc, 1,500 AP per stay. No free rooms, but nice upgrades and benefits, free net, free calls, welcome food gift.

Delta Bessbrough in Saskatoon, great staff, nice hotel along with the London Armories is also a great property. Delta Chelsea in Toronto is the worse Delta along with the Kitchener Delta thus far and I have been to 26 of the 44 properties. I average between 20 to 30 stays a year at Delta’s a year!

Sometime you get bad staff and bad stays. Delta Airport West is also hit and miss! But what hotel is always 100%?
No free rooms but don't forget the $ credits automatically loaded on to your Privilege card - $200 on Gold, $300 on Platinum and $500 on Platinum Plus. Those translate into free rooms or meals.

http://www.deltahotels.com/en/privilege/member-benefits
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:26 am

Delta Quebec City / Delta Charlottetown

Did my Delta stays as a Gold in Aug and pleased with the results

Delta Quebec City. Great location with a 5-8 min wall from the walls of Old Quebec. No hassle self parking. Booked Club floor w/ King on 50% off coupon. No Upgrade. No recognition for Anniversary emailed prior. Views obstructed by Hilton building. Club lounge had terrific food, breakfast or dinner and Server was top notch. Would stay again on Club level but w/o concern for getting a view worth paying extra.

Delta Charlottetown. Great location on the harbor and boardwalk. No hassle self parking. Emailed in advance of Anniversary and upgraded from base Delta room ($169 per night) to Home Suite ($350+ night) for 5 nights "during" the local Gold Cup & Saucer celebration. $200 Gold credit not for drinks just stay/meal charges. Received great recognition for a special occasion with service/comps. Excellent staff & service. Only place on PEI for our next stay now.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:47 pm

Smile delta Hotels "privelege' program...how does it work, free nights?

hi,
I'm in the Delta priveldge program, as a gold member i think ...taht's the first step i think i might be on the 2nd step.
Anyway, i've been getting Aeroplan miles up to now for my stays.

Is there something better, ?? Can I get free nights instead? Many hotels offer stay 2 nights, get 1 free for instance, or you can accumalte points instead of the aeroplan miles and then eventually use those for stays.

GIving me say 1000 aeroplan miles even for 1 'stay' if that's even 2 or 3 nights...doesn't take me very far. Points, at many hotels take you alot further towards future free nights. Or, same stay you could stay 2 nights and stay a 3rd for free. Does delta offer antyhign like this.

I have a reservation for 30 Sept to 3rd october at Delta Ottawa.
Thanks for your help, i look forward to anyones reply

thanks
KC
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by supercommando69
hi,
I'm in the Delta priveldge program, as a gold member i think ...taht's the first step i think i might be on the 2nd step.
Anyway, i've been getting Aeroplan miles up to now for my stays.

Is there something better, ?? Can I get free nights instead? Many hotels offer stay 2 nights, get 1 free for instance, or you can accumalte points instead of the aeroplan miles and then eventually use those for stays.

GIving me say 1000 aeroplan miles even for 1 'stay' if that's even 2 or 3 nights...doesn't take me very far. Points, at many hotels take you alot further towards future free nights. Or, same stay you could stay 2 nights and stay a 3rd for free. Does delta offer antyhign like this.

I have a reservation for 30 Sept to 3rd october at Delta Ottawa.
Thanks for your help, i look forward to anyones reply

thanks
KC

Having come from other programs ie IC, SPG, etc Delta is not a big points earner nor heavy on promo's so it is what it is. No free nights just Aeroplan. I use them for alternate stays only but the 50% off coupon deal and the Gold $200 credit + upgrades did come in handy this summer
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:49 am

Delta Hotel

Anyone have any corporate rates with Delta Hotel? I am specifically looking for hotels in Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and Calgary.

Let me know! If not, let me know if you want to set one up.

Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.