Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel program??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 4:13 am
Original Poster

best hotel program??

I will be travelling to New York and have found hotel rates there are very expensive.
Which hotel program is best? ie which offer best discounts, upgrades etc that will help me save on accomodation.
Also, I have never joined a hotel program... how does it work? How many days before can you book?
Thanks for you help.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Majority of frequent hotel guest programs are not designed to give discounts. Being a member doesn't get you discounts. They are designed to give awards and upgrades to loyal and frequent guests who have earned them. Those who are new and have no status won't get anything.

Best program?
All are good. It depends on you, where you usually travel to, what hotels you frequently stay in, and what your goals are for being a loyal guest.

I'd suggest checking out each respective program's website and decide for yourself.

New York is a very expensive place. If you're on a budget, you might want to consider Priceline. There should be a bidding thread on FlyerTalk. You might want to check that out.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:06 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
* wood of course. Lots of choices with great locations.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:23 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
All depends on where you usualy travel and which hotels you stay at during those trips. If you don't travel much I would advice you you to book the hotel you want to stay at and join their program, you could check first if the hotel is a partner of the airline you flying in with and join boths programs.
Don't expect to get any discounts or status on your first stay, you will have to accumulate points first
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Hi Sindy,
It's so novel to have a true newbie here, welcome to FT. For an non-frequent traveler Starwood, spg.com is the best program. Less stays to earn a free night via points. NY hotels start at $150 for a well run place. There's a cheap one that's not bad called Travelodge you can try if you're on a tight budget. Remember how expensive real estate is in NY, a basic 1 bedroom apartment rents for at least $2,200/month that's $80/day just in rent.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Fletch!
that's $80/day just in rent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.