Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Best hotel rewards program for family of 5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, IHG

I have been using IHG for a number of years but as our family has grown, their program does not accommodate 5 people very well. Some times I can get away with using the Chase free night stay for 5 people but never any point stays. Plus, its just hard in general to find a hotel that doesn't require 2 rooms for more than 4 people. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can invest into an ecosystem for a family of 5?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: IHG One Rewards & World of Hyatt
Hey Noctilum! My experience is that most chains have the same limitations when booking online, but I think one option you could consider is to book through a travel designer/advisor; they can offer clients free breakfast (as a father of 2 myself, I know how much that can help!), a room upgrade if available, and early check in / late checkout - again very useful while packing up the kids! Many properties also will give up to a $100 spend credit too.

It's really like having the top tier status at any chain, even without having ever booked before. All for nothing more than the standard rate. Most chains have these private advisor programs.

All the best,
Dan

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 16, 2021 at 4:11 pm Reason: edited post to comply with FT Rules; no commercial solicitations are allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.