Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Krystal Hotel in Mexico : Fraud and Chargeback

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

So basically I got scammed at one of the Krystal Hotels in Mexico.
In summary, the clerk said he made a typo and the bill came out to 8700 instead of 2700 pesos, and it was a hassle to go back and change it so he wanted me
to sign the bill and take a refund (with recepit) for 6000 pesos. I was in a foreign country and did not want any trouble so I signed and it took the refund which I still have.
It clearly says "saldo: -6000 pesos" which means a balance of 6000 pesos for me. Expedia tries to call the hotel but they don't answer and do not repsond, and when I inquired the emails were going to the clerk who ripped me off. (He's the reception manager, the top dog in reception, and in a great position to subvert investigation by Expedia or just lie).
I found his bosses in Mexico City, away from the "bubble" he was controlling, but despite the promises of refund via email and pleasant tone I keep waiting....

The initial chargeback was declined by the bank when the hotel simply offered them the bill of 8700 pesos I signed. (Boy I wish I could do that over again and refuse) I guess the refund receipt and email admission of error from the hotel were seen as "peripheral" in relation to the original bill. The follow up chargeback declined by the bank had some rationale about "fluctuating exchange rates" so I called and explained that was nonsensical and irrelevant and they are giving me one more chance, after the bank agent agreed on the phone it was clear I was a victim of fraud. So I think the obstacle here is to show the 8700 peso bill and the 6000 peso refund
are part of a single package required at checkout. After all, I was told I needed to do this in order to check out. I'm looking for advice on how to best succinctly present my case so I don't have to keep waiting for the hotel to send the money and can proactively get the chargeback myself and get this silly case over with.

My latest email from the hotel, claiming the initial chargeback and reversal make the pipeline for refund time-consuming : ...we only ask for time for the bank to respond, we only ask for a little more time, your money will be returned.

Last edited by yandosan; Mar 11, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.