I Prefer Hotel loyalty program

Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Hilton, Hertz
I Prefer Hotel loyalty program

I would appreciate any thoughts about this loyalty program. I just recently joined and finished my first stay at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans. The program updated my points the same day literally a few hours later. my company has quite a number of the member hotels as preferred hotels for travel so I thought I’d try them.

I’id like to know if anyone has thoughts about room upgrades and other benefits with this program. I know free nights are harder to come by since points get you $25 in redemption credits for every 12,500 points. The hotels seem like they are pretty good ones and generally are AAA four diamond quality or better.

Last edited by MSAmainman; Apr 30, 2018 at 3:58 am
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSAmainman
I would appreciate any thoughts about this loyalty program. I just recently joined and finished my first stay at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans. The program updated my points the same day literally a few hours later. my company has quite a number of the member hotels as preferred hotels for travel so I thought I’d try them.

I’id like to know if anyone has thoughts about room upgrades and other benefits with this program. I know free nights are harder to come by since points get you $25 in redemption berets for every 12,500 points. The hotels seem like they are pretty good ones and generally are AAA four diamond quality or better.
You may want to look into the cross-redemption from Choice Prilvileges for Preferred Hotels. It may actually be much easier to earn free Preferred Hotel stays by staying paid at Choice Hotels (especially using their frequent "stay 2 times earn 8000 points" promos) than at Preferred Hotels, if I Prefer earns as slowly as you describe.

Booking Preferred Hotels & Resorts (in the Choice forum)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Choice Hotels are not preferred hotels for my company plus I don’t really want to spend 30+ nights in choice hotel stays to get a handful of free nights. I was thinking of either staying at Preferred Hotels or GHA/Omni hotels. I’m looking for upgrade ability rather than free stays. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:31 pm

Iprefer certificates

The certificates can be used at any of the Iprefer hotels and are even transferable. I got quite a lot of those (25, 50, 100 USD) and barely use them. So if anyone is interested in taking some of those off my hands at a good discount, just send me a PM
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

How were your upgrades when you stayed with them?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:43 am

I saw that they offer a status match. Does anyone know how long the match lasts?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just submitted a status match request (actually their email asked me about higher tier status with other programs).

So far in the iPrefer Rewards program they stays have posted very quickly. That's the good news.

The not so good news is that member property front desk staff are clueless about the benefits.
dc_traveler and bluestrudels like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:46 pm

Marriot member for many years. Probably one of the best if not best rewards program there is. All depends on where you are traveling and access to the type of hotel you want.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I have a lot of iPrefer points so I turned some of them into vouchers. However I read - when you get the vouchers - that they can't be used for existing prepaid reservations. I assume that means when you show up at the front desk to checkout - unless you have an expensive reservation that you don't have to pay for in advance - you can only use the vouchers for incidentals like breakfasts and minbars rather than the actual room cost itself. Not as good as, for example, Accor, where I can use my points on the website to reduce the room rate I'm paying whether it's discounted because it's unchangeable or whether it's full price because it's short notice.
So not as helpful as I thought (leaving aside the difficulty of getting access to the website when I forgot my password and after requesting the password reset email I kept getting the message "access denied"!)
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I think the website suggests Elite members only get their benefits if they book through iprefer.com

However, rates (and perks) for many hotels through Visa Signature, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet Hotels are more compelling.

QUESTION: has anyone been able to get their elite status benefits whilst using a 3rd party booking service? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:11 am

This is what I was told: “your benefits are available at hotels regardless of how the booking was made. If you do book through an ineligible point awarding channel please contact the hotel prior to arrival and have them attach/notate your I Prefer member ID and associated Elite status.” In my case I only wanted an upgrade but the hotel was full anyway. The welcome gift was a spa discount.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Random
Review

Agriturismo Valle Benuara

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Via Benuara 4 C.da Fulgatore Trapani, IT 91100

Review (0 Photo)

Recently i just Visited 

Agriturismo Valle Benuar

Review

Would you like to write a review on the Agriturismo Valle Benuara?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Just submitted a status match request (actually their email asked me about higher tier status with other programs).

So far in the iPrefer Rewards program they stays have posted very quickly. That's the good news.

The not so good news is that member property front desk staff are clueless about the benefits.
Any information about status match? I am spending 15 nights in Sept in Tokyo and I will try a match from Bonvoy.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Any information about status match? I am spending 15 nights in Sept in Tokyo and I will try a match from Bonvoy.
They will match and instructions at https://preferredhotels.com/page/ipr...sked-questions
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rrgg
They will match and instructions at https://preferredhotels.com/page/ipr...sked-questions
Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.