Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

24 Prescot Street London, GB E18BB

Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) (0 Photo)

Check In

Check in was very quick as there was no queue.  The receptionist was friendly and helpful, telling me where to find the restaurant for breakfast.  She also recommended that I book a table if I wanted dinner in the restaurant as they were fully booked that night - I thought that was a nice touch, although I already had plans for that night.

Room

I was given 103 on the first floor overlooking the main entrance.  The room was surprisingly big - bigger in fact than many of the room upgrades I get with other chains.  There's a comfortable king-sized bed with spare pillows (which were a little battered although the spare pillows were in better condition).  There's a small desk space with good plug socket access, equally good plug socket access next to the bed and a good sized TV with Freeview channels.

The room was clean and although the furniture was basic it's perfectly serviceable.  The only downside with the room is that it's right above the hotel's name awning and there is a bit of a glow from the lights at night that the curtains don't quite block out.  It wasn't enough to prevent me from sleeping but if you're sensitive, you might want a different room.

There's an equally basic bathroom with a toilet, sink and walk in shower.  There's a fixed dispenser of soap and shower gel, but I didn't use them as I brought my own.

Service

Service was generally very good - staff were friendly and invested and geuinely wanted to help guests.

The location is excellent for the City - 10 minutes walk from Aldgate Station, 5 minutes from Tower Hill Tube Station it's equally handy for St Katherine's Dock, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.

Overall

I think Premier Inns are great basic hotels where you can get a decent room for (generally) a reasonable price.

Dining

Breakfast was included in my rate but I had a breakfast meeting nearby so didn't bother.  There's also a snack vending machine and drinks machine in reception, but the drinks machine was out of order. 

Would you like to write a review on the Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill)?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.