Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Points Expiring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

La Quinta Points Expiring

My La Quinta points are expiring in a couple of months, I have no planned trips during this time, and I'm not interested in getting another credit card.

Does anyone have any current links to any La Quinta free points offers, such as watching a video or playing a game, to help me extend my expiration date?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If nothing else, go to their website, login to your account and buy 1,000 points for $11.00.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
e-Rewards if you didn't already join them with a different hotel partner?

Not sure if it still works, but you can transfer Jet Blue points to LQ through points.com, and if you're just signing up for a Jet Blue FF account, I think you can still get the 1,000 points needed for a minimum transfer that way by doing some of the 'badges' stuff on the Jet Blue web site.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:03 am

From the official web site:

"La Quinta Returns points will never expire as long as your account remains active by earning or redeeming Points at least once every 18 months."

Doesn't this mean by redeeming and then canceling one can keep one's account active?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Kaitlin

"La Quinta Returns points will never expire as long as your account remains active by earning or redeeming Points at least once every 18 months."

Doesn't this mean by redeeming and then canceling one can keep one's account active?
You can try and see, LQ is the one that has the final word on this. Depending on the amount of points at risk, it might be worth buying 1000pts for $11.00. Another option to think, whenever you have a car rental, you can credit it to program that will be expiring shortly, in order to keep it active.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:32 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

https://laquinta.chirpify.com/laquintareturns/register?

500 free points from LQ by connecting your social media accounts, plus 50 points for any post or tweet with the #LQreturns hashtag.

Not 100% sure if it resets your expiration, but worth it to try
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Hairbus380
https://laquinta.chirpify.com/laquintareturns/register?

500 free points from LQ by connecting your social media accounts, plus 50 points for any post or tweet with the #LQreturns hashtag.

Not 100% sure if it resets your expiration, but worth it to try
Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Also, points.com allows transfers OUT of LQ to Aeroplan & Esso Extra. Minimum of 1000 LQ points.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
Also, points.com allows transfers OUT of LQ to Aeroplan & Esso Extra. Minimum of 1000 LQ points.
LQ itself (on its own website) allows transfers OUT of LQ to a lot more airlines, but the minimums are bigger there.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
OK Sdsearch, it's right here: https://www.lq.com/en/la-quinta-retu...rs/travel.html
Increments of 6000 LQ will get you 1000 miles there, which is almost the same ratio of points.com to AC, which does any exact number of points over 1000.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Kaitlin

In the same Boat, so: Did it work out for you? Did your points expiry reset after booking and cancelling?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
In the same Boat, so: Did it work out for you? Did your points expiry reset after booking and cancelling?
It's merger time! So need to cancel and reboot any more. Just transfer some points one way or the other between La Quinta and WyndhamRewards.

I just did that the other way (WR->LQ) yesterday to avoid the 4-year "hard" expiration on 7000 WR points early next year, and it transferred in an instant (I had to force a redraw of the LQ page while logged in, and then it showed the updated point total).

Or, use this promo, and it works for you, it may earn you 1500 LQ points for 5 minutes or so of work (maybe a bit more if you have to rummage for a Visa card you know you're not likely to use ):

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/la-qu...quinta-points/

See my comment down toward the bottom of my page where I explain the step-by-step procedure that I used. (I get the impression that the people who are having trouble with that promo may be newcomers to LQ who didn't have an account before the merger with WR was announced. But if you're in this thread, you're presumably not brand new to LQ.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 1, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.