Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
This thread is now archived. To post in the active thread, please click here.
Print Wikipost

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hotel Tomo SF

complete whiff

Upgrade -- nothing

Amenity -- nothing

Raid the mini bar even? Nope. No mini bar at this hotel.

The Goodland, Goleta (IC new property free night)

Upgrade -- nothing. Could hear adjoining neighbors as if in same room.

Amenity -- hit -- Voss bottled waters, Honest Ades, popcorn and other snacks

Prescott SF

Upgrade -- hit? Suite with sofa bed, long walk from check in

Amenity -- hit -- cut fruit, gourmet popcorn, personalized note

Harbor Court SF

Upgrade -- big whiff. tiny room

Amenity -- whiff. nothing. cookies and milk in the evening in addition to wine hour helped. took an extra item from the mini bar, which was grudgingly allowed when calling to check out

Solamar San Diego

Upgrade -- hit? Small but had sofa. Nice room that didn't seem like an upgrade.

Amenity -- hit -- Cut fruit plate, chocolate covered stawberries, bottled waters, personalized note.

Monaco Philadelphia

Upgrade -- miss -- very nice but not an upgrade.

Amenity -- big hit -- Can't remember the specifics but remember it went above and beyond. Best one so far

Last edited by mrmandel; Mar 10, 2015 at 1:09 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
Canary, Santa Barbara (used a free-night certificate)

Upgrade -- hit -- upgraded five room categories from Deluxe King to 1-Bedroom King Suite.

Amenity -- hit -- received two 22-ounce bottles of Firestone's black rye IPA, a Godiva dark chocolate bar and a jar of dark chocolate-covered raisins. The suite also came with complimentary French press coffee delivered to the room in the morning, which was excellent.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:02 am

Palomar Phoenix

Upgrade - HIT, corner suite.
Amenity - MISS, bowl of pretzels and 2 bottles of water. Would be ok if I liked pretzels!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
DC - George
Upgrade - Homerun, Presidential Suite
Amenity - Hit, chocolate covered strawberries, bottled water and bottle of champagne

DC - Madera
Upgrade - Not sure, room was large but not entirely sure it was a suite; however, it was nice.
Amenity - Hit, meat/cheese plate and bottle of champagne

Pittsburgh - Monaco
Upgrade - Homerun, Rebellion speciality suite - 1000sq ft and beautiful
Amenity - Homerun, cheddar cheese plate, charcuterie plate, bottle of dry white wine, bottle of Saratoga spring water, and two local craft beers (nailed everything I asked for)
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:57 pm

Pittsburgh - Monaco

Upgrade - Miss. Minimal upgrade to corner king room (although it was on a high floor with nice tub) despite all suite classes being available in the reservation system.

Amenity - Sort of a Hit. Beer and water (good), snacks (cupcakes and cookies) were uninspired but okay.

Biggest problem -- we were turned away from the restaurant (one of the reasons we stay at Kimpton is because we typically enjoy their restaurants -- so not having use of this amenity sucked).

Overall -- disappointed, would not stay here again.

Last edited by manicmutt; Mar 20, 2015 at 9:46 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:03 pm

NYC - Ink 48

Upgrade - AMAZING. Upgraded to the Hudson corner suite with spectacular views of the river (front windows) and Manhattan skyline (side windows). Best room that we've had at any Kimpton property.

Amenity - Hit! Malbec waiting in room (first Kimpton to get the type of wine on my list), water, cashews and cookies.

Probably my favorite Kimpton hotel -- the staff was amazing friendly and welcoming. We stayed at several non-Kimpton properties on this trip (Park Hyatt, Waldorf, and Andaz 5th) and the Ink 48 hands down blew them all away. Highly recommend! I have a new favorite!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Palomar SF

Profile says local craft beer. Got... Stella Artois. Seriously? I'd rather have nothing at all. That stuff is vile, and the opposite of "local" or "craft".
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
70 Park Ave (NYC)
Upgrade - Miss, told me I was upgraded to King suite but was actually King Premier. Room was okay, on the lowest floor possible with no view and Jacuzzi tub did not work.
Amenity - Fail, they do not offer an amenity because they do not have a restaurant, but comes off as very lazy and unimaginative. They offer a breakfast coupon (coffee + fruit + juice + roll) and a $30 mini bar coupon (instead of the normal $15). However, it seems I will need to dispute some charges as they did not apply the coupon.

Also, they would not allow a late checkout. Overall my least favorite Kimpton experience, unfortunately.

Ink48 (NYC)
Upgrade - I'll call it a hit. I've become accustom to giant crazy rooms, but I did ask for a two-bed room at the last minute and they did accommodate. Non-suite room on a high floor with a very nice city/water view.
Amenity- Partial hit. I received three beers and a small box of macaroon cookies -- all of which were on my profile. Seemed very last minute and unimaginative though. Staff was excellent, and did mention there were A LOT of welcome amenities going out that afternoon.

Last edited by moze; Mar 29, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:24 am

Kimpton Hotels/Employees Viewing:
Here's an example of how to make an elite member feel SPECIAL -- even if it wasn't on a special occasion and on a free day! Photo is from Pittsburgh Monaco (@KimptoninPGH) in Rebellion suite where they went above and beyond in every way. Every request on my profile was met and MORE. Love you guys and we WILL return!

The major difference seems to be with some properties who see the welcome amenity as just another chore that needs to be done, such as ensuring all the rooms are cleaned in time for new guests.... vs those properties who really see the welcome amenity as a creative way to express gratitude to their most loyal guests. I have five nights coming up over two properties in San Diego next week, will update soon!

Last edited by moze; Mar 29, 2015 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:08 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Palomar DC

Upgrade- Hit. Upgraded to Motion Spa room on high floor. (I know hotel, including the suites, is very booked this weekend.)

Amenity- Hit. Two minis of Vodka, a mini of Cointreau and cranberry juice to make my own cocktail; two bottles of Satatoga water; chocolate chip cookies; and Easter egg themed M&Ms

Also, ate dinner at the hotel restaurant Urbana and without asking for the chef's taste (I had made a reservation on Opentable and indicated that I was IC) the waiter suggested that he bring two glasses of sparkling wine. Overall very happy with this stay.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:37 pm

Palomar (San Diego)
Upgrade - Miss. Non-suite, nice standard corner room but in a renovation area where they provide you with earplugs. I did not hear any renovation noise though. I did ask if we could be moved to a suite if one were to open up as it was a special trip; I was basically blown off. Oh well.
Amenity- Hit -- nice macaroon cookies and a bottle of white wine. Thanks

Hotel La Jolla
Upgrade - Miss-Hit/Middle of the road, non-suite but a nice ocean view. I believe this was a one tier upgrade. So, so...
Amenity - Minor Hit -- Was not the biggest fan of a couple of cans of beer and a cup of pudding for an anniversary weekend stay... However, they did see my wife and I celebrating at the bar, called the bartender, and offered the first round on the house. Much appreciated.

Overall, I'm wondering if Kimpton is cracking down on the nice upgrades... Prior to the last month or so, no suites offered at all in the past four Kimpton stays. More to come this year.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
Palladian, Seattle (IC new property free night)

Upgrade -- hit -- upgraded four room categories from King Deluxe to One Bedroom Suite, which was a very nice corner room with four windows.

Amenity -- hit -- received everything in my profile. A bowl of toffee peanuts, two bottles of Hale's Mongoose IPA, two Theo's dark chocolate + coconut bars and, because it was my birthday, a slice of the very decadent D'Orsay cake from the French bakery Le Panier in the market.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by kugelfischer
Palladian, Seattle (IC new property free night)

Upgrade -- hit -- upgraded four room categories from King Deluxe to One Bedroom Suite, which was a very nice corner room with four windows.

Amenity -- hit -- received everything in my profile. A bowl of toffee peanuts, two bottles of Hale's Mongoose IPA, two Theo's dark chocolate + coconut bars and, because it was my birthday, a slice of the very decadent D'Orsay cake from the French bakery Le Panier in the market.
Aw, man. As I detailed in my too-long post in the complimentary night thread, we had a miss on both the upgrade and the amenity this weekend at the Palladian (and it was my husband's birthday too). Sounds like you had a much better experience!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Moze, you have good luck getting the big-time suites!

Monaco Pittsburgh over Easter Weekend

Upgrade- Decent. Upgraded from basic Queen/Queen to Corner QN/QN which was huge, 450-500 sq ft. It felt like a suite. We had 3 people, so really this is better than a suite with a pullout. We also had our Labrador retriever, so the extra room was great for her crate.

Beverage Amenity: Hit. Prosecco and 3 waters. ^

Food amenity: Sorta. Fruit tray which was nice. No cheese though, or a 2nd snack.

All in all very pleased because it was a free IC stay and certificate night. Ending up leaving the hotel with just a $170 restaurant bill, that of course with the IC Offer adjusted to $120.

We'll be back since it's a fun weekend just a drive away (& we have a very close friend in Pittsburgh).
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Hotel Vintage, Portland

Upgrade -- To a King Studio Suite. This property just finished a major renovation, with a grand re-opening last month. Our room, while not a true suite, was really pretty fabulous -- very large, high ceilings, well furnished, good use of space. We were very impressed. Just a touch disappointed that we didn't get one of their higher end suites (which look absolutely amazing), but overall a HIT.

Amenity -- Bottle of prosecco, bowl of caramel corn, and a really nice cheese plate. HIT

I still think the RiverPlace is the best Kimpton property in Portland, but with the renovations, the Vintage is giving it a run for its money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.