Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zed Fare from Athens to Corfu

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Zed Fare from Athens to Corfu

I'm flying with my partner who works for Continental Airlines from Washington DC to Athens to attend a friend's wedding. I'm planning on leaving Washington, DC on either Thursday, June 26 or Friday, June 27 to arrive the following day. I plan on departing Corfu back to the US on Monday, June 30.

Getting to Athens on an ID 90 won't be an issue, but I have no idea how challenging it is to get on a flight from Athens to Corfu and from Corfu back to Athens. Are the loads on these flights particularly heavy?

I have several options:

1) Don't do a thing. Get into Athens and try to use the ID 90. Only advisable if the flights don't oversell.

2) Purchase a fully refundable yet expensive ticket on Olympic Airways. In this case, we'd be able to cancel the ticket (without a penalty) in the event we can't get on a flight using an ID 90. (~$800)

3) Purchase two non-refundable tickets (~$600)

So if anyone knows what the typical loads on these flights are in late June, please let me know.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Try Aegean Airlines

They have some semi-flex fares for about 81 Euros plus tax/fee each way (at least for weekday travel), but you need to act fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.