Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

MAN-strous OK+ award! Dubai AND Tenerife for 60k!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAN-strous OK+ award! Dubai AND Tenerife for 60k!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lightbulb MAN-strous OK+ award! Dubai AND Tenerife for 60k!

I'm in the process of sorting out my summer flying. I am really undecided on how to go to DXB to start my SU tix to YYZ. OK+ don't offer an one-way award, and after the SU return, I am taking Mihin Lanka to CMB and returning to Europe via WLG or something.
So I thought I could maybe do an open jaw (is that the correct term?), going MAN-DXB, returning DXB-TFN in order to see Tenerife and the Canaries. Both LCCs and UX have a lot of cheap flights back to the mainland or the UK. If I could somehow find myself in DXB to catch the return, great. If not, well 60k is still less than the £550 Silverjet want (plus I'd have to find a way to get down to Luton) and easier than connecting via PRG and BEY on OK and Jazeera (still paying over £400 for the privilege).
Alas, that was not possible as the open jaw can be on the destination end, and the return must be to the point of origin. However, the helpful agent on the other end of the line reasoned that I am allowed a stopover, and I could have that stopover in TFN!
Therefore, I am now holding a reservation for the following:
MAN-CDG-DXB-CDG-BCN-TFN-BCN-CDG-MAN that will cost me just 60k plain ole OK+ miles. Every flight in C, availability within 1 day of what was requested.
The only problem (cute little elephant in my dining room) is the £389 required to keep both Gordon Brown and Jean-Cyrile Spinetta happy...Still, I am so mightily tempted...Well done, CSA! ^
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Nice! A shame about all those fuel surcharges though. One of these days I'm going to go to the consumer agency to complain about airlines saying they are taxes. But sure there are one-way awards!? Why else this table?

http://www.csa.cz/en/ok_plus/okp_red...ednosmerne.pdf
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gnopps
But sure there are one-way awards!? Why else this table?

http://www.csa.cz/en/ok_plus/okp_red...ednosmerne.pdf
The oneway awards are only valid for OK-coded and operated flights, and OK have stopped flying to DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.