Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

CSA OK+ roll call, part deux: meeting UK director next wk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CSA have invited me to a reception at the Czech Embassy in London, which includes a company presentation.
Aside for giving them top marks for product innovation (while others stop providing their pax with food, CSA extends free food for elites even when they're not flying ), I think it's a good opportunity to learn more about what's going on in the company and their medium/long-term plans (anyone else hoping for an IPO soon?).
The UK director will be there, and I am hoping to chat with him for a few minutes.
I am therefore wondering whether fellow FTers who fly OK have any pressing issues that would like mentioned. Obviously the scope of the event means that UK-specific issues/suggestions have more chances of being taken onboard, but I can see no harm in talking about more general CSA-related stuff.
What I will be mentioning:
- Poor communication from OK+
- Irritation by lower earnings on AFKL, certain 50%-earning classes on OK (S mostly) have become quite expensive after all the surcharges and IMHO need re-evaluating.
- Servisair (main UK handling agent) is a very dodgy service provider
- Inability to get reasonably-priced (non-full fare) long-haul tickets in either class of service from UK and other N. European countries.

Anything else?

Lastly, please take the time to endorse my proposal (in the Talkboard Topics forum) for a separate OK+ forum.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:28 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
How nice for you to go there! Good luck with tha talking!
I think it would be important to emphasize that OK Plus (at least from what I can tell) is a great program, so need CSA understand not to change anything. (the elite benefits are good, I like being able to change my bonus ticket, etc.). The 25% earnings I can live with, though I'm not at all happy with them. However, if they should really not be extended, 100% 1000 mile minimum is a great feature of OK+ and a big reason I switched there.

Regarding the poor communication, I have been satisified when I've written or talked to them. They even answered an email on a saturday for me. The only thing I would wish for is not having to call to Czech everytime I need to speek to them. But comparing with the benefits, it is still worth it.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

hi!

Interesting to hear that.. hope you do get the chance to express some of your concerns listed.

Well, for me the pressing issue is still the 25% earning. I still think that they should adopt a better distrubution for this. That is maybe 25% for intra-European flights, but at least 50% for long-haul flights. Furthermore, I just noticed that even for their gold levels, members get 50% and while FB Golds get 75%.

Other than that, I don't really have much to complain about CSA or the OK+ program as they are usually much better than their western counterparts.

Enjoy the event! and thanks!

Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

back!

Just to let you know that I did go to the event- it was rather nice since it incorporated a mini fashion-show...on show were some....well I didn't care about what was on show, there certainly were some fine Czech models though. Beverages aplenty, snacks very good, main course so-so (not as good as what they offer in Business )
I did manage to have a little chat with the CSA person who, it has to be noted, is a VERY nice chap...No wonder they're doing great- they've got first-class people throughout the organisation.
Key point: Start saving money now- there is a strong likelihood of an IPO in 2007.
Other than that, he said that they don't think it's sensible to sell through tickets from the UK to N. America because it would mean going west-east and then back east-west (I'm not too convinced), and that OK will remain in T1 at BHX (I'm sure everyone here had been really anxious about this ) as opposed to moving over to the Skyteam mini-hub at T2.
Report over, we can all go to sleep now.

Last edited by graraps; Jun 8, 2005 at 6:39 pm
Old Jun 8, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I have never taken CSA, but heard that from NY to Tel Aviv on CSA there is a one-night stay at a hotel included... because the layover is so long. Is this true? Is CSA really a good airline?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I have never taken CSA, but heard that from NY to Tel Aviv on CSA there is a one-night stay at a hotel included... because the layover is so long. Is this true?
Not sure about that. To be honest I'd be surprised if they offered it in Y. Drop them an e-mail and ask, they usually respond within a day.

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
Is CSA really a good airline?
IMHO they offer the best European product of any airline.
I've never flown their long-hauls, but the consensus seems to be that the "hard" longhaul product (seats, IFE) isn't up to scratch. But their service is hard to beat!
Old Jun 9, 2005, 3:04 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thanks for the report. So no bad news from that guy at least
Old Jun 12, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by graraps
IMHO they offer the best European product of any airline.
I've never flown their long-hauls, but the consensus seems to be that the "hard" longhaul product (seats, IFE) isn't up to scratch. But their service is hard to beat!
I've flown short-haul business with AF, AZ, BA, IB, KL, LH and OK. Personally, I rate it poorer than BA, and about on a par with AF...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.