Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Air Portugal - What options?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Flying Air Portugal - What options?

I'm heading over to Lisbon via Tap Air Portugal. It's my first trip there (any recommendations?) and probably my last for a little while. I don't plan to fly Air Portugal very frequently so I was wondering what the folks here thought would be the best way to gain the miles?

The TAP website is pretty sparse on options and I'm not clear if I can earn Continental miles. Is that the best way to go? I'd prefer to have United miles (which I believe Continental takes) but I don't think that'll work on TAP.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:47 am

Programs: QR platinum
TAP member *alliance

http://www.staralliance.com/star_all...e/main_10.html

this link mentins that Tap will become member of * alliance , the CEO message on the Tap website also has a word on the integration of Tap in the * alliance

TAp is already full partner of Lufthansa:
Welcome TAP Portugal!

Starting December 1, 2004, the Portuguese airline TAP Portugal is a new Miles & More partner. What this means for you:

Now you can earn status and award miles on all TAP Portugal flights.

TAP Portugal offers 180 flights daily with 40 different destinations in a total of 25 countries. The home of this leading Portuguese airline is Lisbon. From there it offers more than 35 connections weekly to Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Fortaleza, Recife and Salvador da Bahia. This makes TAP one of the top providers of flights between Europe and South America, in particular to Brazil.

TAP Portugal will become a Member of Star Alliance in 2005. This allows TAP to offer you all of the advantages that you already enjoy with our Star Alliance partners.

On continental TAp is a partner but with restrictions:
Travel Area for Mileage Accrual: All TAP Air Portugal-operated flights systemwide excluding flights between Europe and the 48 contiguous United States
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by viniosity
(...) I'd prefer to have United miles (which I believe Continental takes) but I don't think that'll work on TAP.
Not sure when you'll be flying TAP Portugal but they are expected to be full Star Alliance members by March 14th - Thus your flights aboard their aircrafts will allow you to accrue Elite Status Miles with UA's programme.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately my timing isn't so great .. leaving March 1 and back on March 6. I'm not even staying at a Starwood property so the whole trip is going to be a big loss for points/miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.