Wiki Posts
Search

Puente Aéreo Shuttle MAD-BCN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Puente Aéreo Shuttle MAD-BCN

Does anyone have any information on this product? There seems to be a lack of it out there. I am particularly interested in knowing the price of the supposed walk-up ticket for MAD-BCN. Is advance purchase a cheaper option? What about either Air Europa or Spanair for getting from MAD to BCN.
Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
From my experience, advance purchase is much cheaper (I paid 29 EUR one way the last time I flew) -- I'm sure someone who's used the Puente Aereo terminal at BCN can do a better job of explaining how it works -- we once went to the Puente Aereo terminal to check in for our BCN-MAD flight, and were sent back to the main terminal since we had normal tickets. I assume it's to "preserve the product," but the whole thing seemed kinda screwy to me since everyone's getting on the same flight. No big deal...just a little odd.
Old May 3, 2004, 2:43 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I bought a one way BCN-MAD last Saturday afternoon. The terminal was deserted. Coach costs € 153 plus € 20 issuing fee. IB flies every hour, at peak times every half hour, but Saturday afternoon there was nothing for three hours. The lady at the shuttle desk suggested I try the regular flight from Terminal 2 in one hour, the shuttle ticket would be valid. Since I had time I tried Spanair at the far end of Terminal 2, which quoted me exactly the same fare as IB, but only offered the next flight in 4 hours. I did not try Air Europe since they had no flights at all on the Saturday afternoon/evening. I eventually got on an IB flight coming from STR, half full, bit cramped seating in the last row, but ok for a 4o min flight

However, I saw tickets advertidsed for as low as € 25 on both IB and JK. Their websites are quite good, so try them if you can book in advance.
Old May 4, 2004, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the input Zorro. It's amazing the IB site tells you there's no need to purchase shuttle tickets in advance, but of course they don't tell you that you'll get ripped off relative to an advance purchase.

I'm arriving in MAD on Saturday am on CO at 9:30am, and the connections to BCN aren't so great. I think the best I can do is 11:45am on IB, though I did see a pretty good advance purchase fare on their website.
Old May 4, 2004, 11:34 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I know when I was trying to book a BCN-MAD flight on my LONE5 RTW ticket last year that the Puente Aéreo Shuttle flights weren't able to be booked - there's no L class on them at all . Fortunately there's plenty of other IB flights that go between the two cities (usually continuing on to other destinations). They're the ones that tend to be most discounted as well from what I could see too.
Old May 6, 2004, 10:42 am

Programs: UA, IB, FB
Actually you cannot buy tickets on the Shuttle but you can buy tickets on the scheduled flights. Of course, if you try to book a ticket on the Puente Aereo on the same day it's gonna be much more expensive, but that is the only way of purchasing them. It's not possible to book them in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.