Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XHXNETIE FARE - AA MILES OR NOT??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2003, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

XHXNETIE FARE - AA MILES OR NOT??

Does anyone know if I can get miles on AA if I book this on Ei web site. Is this an X fare or a H fare? H would qualify!

The "clown" I spoke to at EI today ( American lady - wish they would stop employing this rejects from others) really hadn't a clue about mileage earning and was quite objectional.

Any way it seems like EI cheapest mileage earning in AA is $964.00 while AA.com can be got for $850.00

The same lady told me that Aerlingus.com does not offer children fares - I have only booked 2 child fares this way before and again today it offered me same.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:32 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
X won't earn anything. The only economy codes on EI ticket which earn AA miles are Y, B, H, K. Sorry about this!

EI US call staff are hopeless!
Old Jan 29, 2003, 2:04 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
If you don't have another oneworld card, I suggest you sign up for TAB, collect the points and collect your 200 bonus TAB points (EISB) each way. At that rate, you should have at least 800 points by the time you return. If you have make another such trip, you'll bring that up to 1600. Find another 200 somewhere and you'll have a trip to the UK ex-DUB.

However, if you do have another oneworld card, check if the fare class is applicable for points and use that card instead.

X is a relatively new fare class, so it might not be listed by other airlines' FFPs.It's in the samebucket as S, but does earn points on EI.

Hope these suggestions help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.