Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Condor - keep second leg after skipping first question?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor - keep second leg after skipping first question?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Question Condor - can I keep second leg after skipping first?

Hi,

I booked nonrefundable flights from Boston --> Vienna and Ljubljana --> Boston for work in June. Now I have been informed that I will have to fly to Vienna from another origin due to a work project. I called Condor to cancel my first leg but keep my second leg and the agent said that if she tried cancelling it, the system interpreted it as booking a one way, and the prices were very high for just the one-way return. She recommended that I no-show/skip my first leg, call after skipping it to get the small airport tax refund, and then just take my second flight. I asked twice whether my seat on the second flight would be cancelled if I no-showed my first and she said no.

Has anyone had any experience with this with Condor? Do they keep your second leg even if you no-show the first? I thought airlines usually cancelled both in that case. I need to know whether I need to book another ticket back to Boston if there is a risk of my second flight being cancelled. Please advise how to phrase my question to the agent if I am not asking the right question.

Thank you!

Last edited by mpalli0012; Mar 18, 2024 at 1:10 pm
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mpalli0012
She recommended that I no-show/skip my first leg, call after skipping it to get the small airport tax refund, and then just take my second flight. I asked twice whether my seat on the second flight would be cancelled if I no-showed my first and she said no.!
Unless you are ready to gamble on it , i would recommend to consider this booking as lost if you cant make it to boston on time
marconess likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.