Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor -- AS award in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Condor -- AS award in J

I got a Condor J class seat in June from FRA to SFO using 57.5k AS miles, which seems like a good bargain. However, I read several reviews on Rick Steves travel forum that Condor J seats malfunction quite often and the airline won't do a darn about it. Some said their seats did not recline and Condor did not offer anything. I am OK with no IFE, but a non-reclining seat is just a No, No.

This is a very long flight and I am not a paid passenger. If my seat does not recline and there are no alternative seats, which will likely be the case, I will be really screwed. In fact, both my companion and I will suffer since we are traveling together using AS miles.

The alternative is to purchase a roundtrip / open-jaw ticket ex-EU for this June trip and then fly back to the EU in Nov, which is another planned trip anyway. I have OW status and will likely buy a J ticket from AA, BA, IB, or AY.

What is your advice? I know that seat malfunctions happen on any aircraft, but Condor is a LCC not affiliated with any alliance. Therefore, I doubt that they would put me on a different flight in J, if sh*t happens.
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Condor will not rebook you on other airlines for any reason - they will only rebook you on their own flights.
What I`d do if I encountered two non-reclining seats on FRA-SFO - I`d ask to be rebooked on their LAX service that departs three hours later and use the compensation to buy two AS awards LAX-SFO.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
I just booked on Condor as well. The reviews you read are probably for their old 767 jets with the angle flat seats in business class. I believe they have all been replaced by new Airbus A330-Neo jets. I've read that their new business class seats are very nice.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
I just booked on Condor as well. The reviews you read are probably for their old 767 jets with the angle flat seats in business class. I believe they have all been replaced by new Airbus A330-Neo jets. I've read that their new business class seats are very nice.
I flew on DE this past January in J on the A330-neo and the seat was broken and did not go full flat. There was another passenger whose seat was also broken. Too early to be having these issues and too early for DE not addressing these issues.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bhomburg
Condor will not rebook you on other airlines for any reason - they will only rebook you on their own flights.
What I`d do if I encountered two non-reclining seats on FRA-SFO - I`d ask to be rebooked on their LAX service that departs three hours later and use the compensation to buy two AS awards LAX-SFO.
The chances are tiny of Condor off-loading passengers and voluntarily rebooking them to LAX (with compensation).

And even less likely that said passengers would be able to find appropriate award space to SFO whilst in the air to LAX...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
The reviews you read are probably for their old 767 jets with the angle flat seats in business class. I believe they have all been replaced by new Airbus A330-Neo jets.
2 B763 (D-ABUC and UK) are still in the fleet but seem to be doing VRA and HAV rotations only. UC is currently in phase out, UK will leave in April. The 4 ex Etihad A330 that were leased to cover the arrival of the A339 have all been returned to the lessor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.